Catalog Standard Feature Listings

Jack M

Reaction score
I ordered my Bennington on 2/27/13

On page 37 of the 2013 catalog under the "Standard Feature Highlights "

for the Interior .

The third item listed is " Stainless Rimmed Portable Cup Holders "

My dealer tells me they he thought they are an option. I pointed out the catalog and the spec sheet that have them listed as standard .

I did order an "S" series. Does any one know who is correct ?

This issue has been RESOLVED by Bennington . Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're standard on the "R" and "Q".

On the Bennington build site it shows there are Stainless rimmed cup holders standard and the Stainless rimmed "PORTABLE" cup holders are optional.

In the catalog on page 50 it lists the S Series Stainless rimmed PORTABLE cup holders as optional.

I assume on page 37 it should read "Stainless rimmed cup holders.

I would point out the catalog error to the dealer and negotiate a good price.

Good luck!

RESOLVED

RESOLVED

No one is perfect, on the same Page 37, where it shows 'standard features' and list the portable cup holders, to the right it says 'optional features' and shows portable cup holders. Regardless of all that, the last Page 60 says that they reserve the right to make changes at any time, without notice. Sure it ducks to think it was included and not get it, but maybe this is where your dealer steps it up and gives a smokin price on them. To be honest, I have 2 that came with my RCW and I don't think we've ever used them, they just sit under the helm.

If your deler does not "deal". I'd say they are not much of a dealer. Of course, that's my opinion... I could be wrong.

I did not order them because ,based on the catalog and the spec sheet I downloaded from the Bennington site .I believed they were included .

I am going to call Bennington today .

RESOLVED

Hehe, well technically, you can pull the cupholder out and walk around with it, making it portable, it just won't stay upright on a seat underway! Sorry, I jest! You seem a little perturbed by it, so I assure you I am only having fun. Try to keep in mind the big picture, regardless of what the final answer is on the cupholder, you still purchased a Bennington. It will make you happy the first time you launch it. Don't let the moment/experience be ruined by a $100 option. Just my opinion. When I ordered my boat, after the order was placed, I went back and forth about the sub upgrade, I told my dealer to order it and something got mis communicated and it wasn't there when I picked it up. Sure I was disappointed, but I can always add it later, and will do so this year if I don't sell and buy the tower model that OffCall keeps rubbing in my face!! Haha Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff! :)

I just got off the phone with Bennington ,I am good to go .Good Experience on the phone with the factory .

RESOLVED

I just got off the phone with Bennington ,I am good to go .Good Experience on the phone with the factory .
This is great to hear, though it comes as no surprise that it would be settled properly. It's one of the many reasons I decided to go with Bennington. I met several folks there in person and they are obviously given the authority, usually working together with the dealers, to do the right thing for the long run. Enjoy your new boat!

Good to hear!! Not surprised, they are a stand up company!

Glad you got it figured out. Before I bought mine, I had an issue and the Production Manager called me and we discussed the issue at length. He then called me again, and told me they made some changes to production line to eliminate the issue. GREAT company !!!!

I like the portable holders as with them I have a total of 14 places to put a cup if I have the table installed !!! :D

When we first started looking, I thought "I would not want to pay the option for those" but after having them, I think they are worth it.

Keep in mind, like Derrick said, there can always be mistakes, and it can go both ways. Everyone wants "catalogs", but in an electronic one, they can make changes as errors are found. It's a double edge sword. Just be happy knowing you bought the BEST pontoon boat from the BEST company !!!! :)

RESOLVED

As I said before, everyone makes mistakes. With all the different layouts and models, there is bound to be a mistake here and there. What makes a good company a great company is how they deal with them. I sense that you are still getting yourself worked up about it, just keep reminding yourself the point of the purchase is probably for fun and relaxing, so start now. In the big grand scheme of things, you are talking about a few hundred dollars. Don't get me wrong, my motto has always been that the money is better in my pocket than someone else's, but if ya had to shell out a couple more, it probably wouldn't make or break you. Bennington IS a great company. You will get more value dollar for dollar than any other manufacturer, so your already ahead. So instead of focusing on "I found two mistakes, I found two mistakes, what else is wrong" focus on the fact that YOU found two mistakes, Bennington was/is I'm sure grateful so they can correct/notify dealers, AND the two mistakes have been corrected to YOUR satisfaction. So sing that praise. Oh and congrats on the new boat! :)

RESOLVED

Even Rolls Royce has mechanics. Things break and go wrong. It's how they are dealt with. By your own admission, you were pleased after talking to Bennington about the cup holders correct? And the mistake with the steering is being corrected right? So what else are you frustrated about? I hope you know that my "tone" in all these messages is positive, not jerky, I am in no means like that, as was said before, we are family! I just want you to get back up on that happy horse!! :) I assure you once you get out on it the first time it'll all be, .....wait for it........ Water Under the Boat!! Hahaha man I make me laugh!!

Back