Catalog Standard Feature Listings

js- We have the 2011 version, SLi, Tilt wheel and Stainless PORTABLE cupholders where options then, and i'm pretty sure they are still options. Bear in mind that you are getting Benningtons entry level toon, as we did.Therefore, amenities that come standard on the R's G's and Q's simply don't fit into the base price of an S.

Now, don't get me wrong here, we love our boat, and you are buying the best boat out there for the money, and you will love it as well. So just make sure it gets ordered the way you want it, and relax until it arrives ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
RESOLVED

Why? Have your issues been corrected? So what are you worried about? Breathe a sigh of relief, you got a better deal on an S model than anyone else. Not to mention, when your dealer was ordering it, he should have looked into it and solved the issue at that time.

Why? Have your issues been corrected? So what are you worried about? Breathe a sigh of relief, you got a better deal on an S model than anyone else. Not to mention, when your dealer was ordering it, he should have looked into it and solved the issue at that time.
.RESOLVED

The tilt helm is about a 30 min job to change out and bleed the system. I understand your frustration and I too am a principles guy, but if something can be changed after the fact, it's all good. Bennington will make it right.

The tilt helm is about a 30 min job to change out and bleed the system. I understand your frustration and I too am a principles guy, but if something can be changed after the fact, it's all good. Bennington will make it right.
The dealer told me he would foot the bill for the steering . He added it to the order on Thursday . Looks like I choose the right dealer out of the 3 I shopped at .

RESOLVED

That's the difference in buying a Bennington. The factory helps and the dealer helps to make it right for you! Problem Solved! YAY!! Hehe I lesser company would have pointed to the fine print and said "oh that was changed, we can do that, you'll have to pay if you want those options. " but not the good folks of Bennington! Sniff sniff, what's that smell? Is that another CSI Award I smell? Haha now you can start getting giddy and telling us what you ordered and options(sorry, no pun intended ) you got! Haha

That's the difference in buying a Bennington. The factory helps and the dealer helps to make it right for you! Problem Solved! YAY!! Hehe I lesser company would have pointed to the fine print and said "oh that was changed, we can do that, you'll have to pay if you want those options. " but not the good folks of Bennington! Sniff sniff, what's that smell? Is that another CSI Award I smell? Haha now you can start getting giddy and telling us what you ordered and options(sorry, no pun intended ) you got! Haha
Being that this is my first boat I think this will do .

20 SLM

Mercury 50 4 stroke Big Foot

25 inch tubes

Blue with Ivory and Blue accents

Sand Palm Carpet

Classic Graphics

Sony M 6 with USB and Blue Tooth

Kicker Speakers

ABS Docking Lights

Privacy Enclosure

Battery Switch

Heavy Duty Rub Rail

Garmin 100 Depth and Fish Finder

Playpen Storage Bag

Extra 12 Volt Receptacle

AND, Two Portable Cup Holders

Tilt Steering .

Ordered 2/27/2013

Already have a slip reserved at the marina .

Sounds like a good build! Congrats again!

Oh and first boat ever or first pontoon? How do you plan on using it?

Sounds like a good build! Congrats again!

Oh and first boat ever or first pontoon? How do you plan on using it?
First boat ever .

We wanted to do it when I retired in 07 , .

Just couldn't work it out .

We are able to get into my wife's 401 this year ( without penalty ) so here it is .In fact we were at "Happy Hour" at a local establishment and it was her idea .

When we were at the dealer yesterday ,their in house boat show is going on ,she was already looking at bigger ones .

The marina is on Crooked Lake in Northern Michigan part of the inland waterway .

This being the first year ,we are just going to hang out in the area while we learn the ropes .

Today we are number 87 on the locator map .

Nice toon. Did you take a boating safety course? If not, I would highly recommend it and take the night course as well. Everything looks different after the sun goes down.

Nice toon. Did you take a boating safety course? If not, I would highly recommend it and take the night course as well. Everything looks different after the sun goes down.
I am currently taking an online course .Currently I can't find anything offered with in driving distance .

The marina where we are keeping it also includes membership into the Crooked Lake Yacht Club .They also offer a class that my wife and I are going to take .

Good for you! My first was an 09 2075 GLi that I bought end of season. I was going to buy a motorcycle, wife ok'd and everything, then I had the epiphany that all that was going to do was make me happy, and the money should be spent on something for the whole family(wife and 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks dogs) so I canceled the bike idea and we bought a boat! I too had never owned a boat or really even driven a boat except for when I was a little kid, but we bought it anyway! The first few launches were......good, the loading?.......... A little more shall we say, interesting? Hehe, I was trying to be the cool guy and just drive it on because that's what my dealer did, so I should too. That works better when you know your boat, know your launch, know how deep to put the trailer in, all that good stuff. We learned it was easier for us to just float it on and winch it up! Still do just because! Well after 2 summers, we knew we liked boating, so decided to get what we thought would be the last boat we would buy for a LONG time! Then that darn Bennington upped they anty with the tower, so with 25 hours on my 2012 boat that I never even got until the 2nd week in July, we are thinking of selling and buying another!! Hahaha we'll see. I still love my boat pkg, would order pretty much the exact same thing! Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it and be thinking of your SECOND Bennington in no time, well if your anything like me!

Good for you! My first was an 09 2075 GLi that I bought end of season. I was going to buy a motorcycle, wife ok'd and everything, then I had the epiphany that all that was going to do was make me happy, and the money should be spent on something for the whole family(wife and 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks dogs) so I canceled the bike idea and we bought a boat! I too had never owned a boat or really even driven a boat except for when I was a little kid, but we bought it anyway! The first few launches were......good, the loading?.......... A little more shall we say, interesting? Hehe, I was trying to be the cool guy and just drive it on because that's what my dealer did, so I should too. That works better when you know your boat, know your launch, know how deep to put the trailer in, all that good stuff. We learned it was easier for us to just float it on and winch it up! Still do just because! Well after 2 summers, we knew we liked boating, so decided to get what we thought would be the last boat we would buy for a LONG time! Then that darn Bennington upped they anty with the tower, so with 25 hours on my 2012 boat that I never even got until the 2nd week in July, we are thinking of selling and buying another!! Hahaha we'll see. I still love my boat pkg, would order pretty much the exact same thing! Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it and be thinking of your SECOND Bennington in no time, well if your anything like me!
I also was going to get another bike when I retired ( quit riding in 74) .

One day coming home from dinner .We stopped for a deer to cross ,another came running out and ran into the drivers door .

That changed my mind about the bike .

One reason for keeping it at the marina is that it is our first .

The other is ,neither of our vehicles are capable of towing it .

My Equinox has a factory hitch , but it is only rated for 1500 lbs if the trailer has brakes .

Cant swing a boat and new truck in the same year

I believe mine is coming in at around 2100 plus the weight of whatever the trailer may be .

We may end up liking the marina ,it is only about 6 miles from the house .

Do you take the dogs out ?

If so are they alright ?

We have an 11 year old lab ,I say yes ,the wife isn't so sure .

Our dogs LOVE being on the boat! And they HATE the water!! Haha yup, will walk around a puddle, that's my dogs! Sheesh, they are bred to hunt lions, but are scared to get wet!! Haha we actually bought life jackets for them because we don't know if they can swim. We were able to put my female in the water last summer (she's 75lbs) , I lowered her in and she did doggy paddle so that was good, we had her life jacket on. My male is 105lbs and a little harder to lower into the water if he doesn't want to, and he doesn't want to! Does your lab swim? If so, I don't see any issue, if your worried, get a life jacket till they get comfortable on it. We don't do any high speed turns and stuff when they are onboard, my female is mostly happy to just lay in the sun, my male is restless and is constantly on the move back and forth checking stuff out. It's great to have them out there!

We took him to the lake once a few years back .He did swim but wasn't too thrilled .

Now our other lab we could not keep in out of the water .

We had a pool before we retired . One day I got home from work ,the wife let him out, I though he was coming to greet me ,nope he jumped into the pool . That's not the problem ,the solar cover was on . So I took my shoes off and got him out .

Had to put a separate gate up so he couldn't jump in when ever .

This a pic of our Great Dane (Zeus,rip) and he like Derricks' dogs was afraid of the water. We had a pool when we lived in NJ and he would walk around the pool while we were in it but wouldn't go near the edge. He always wanted to go with us on the toon just to be with us.

IMGP0746_zpsf86fdc04.jpg

The dealer told me he would foot the bill for the steering . He added it to the order on Thursday . Looks like I choose the right dealer out of the 3 I shopped at .
I'm a little late to the party here, but glad you got it straightened out.

I use the tilt steering adjustment a LOT. For anyone else pondering that option, get it. I wouldn't be without it. When we're tubing, it's tilted down. When slow cruising, I like it tilted up almost flat like an old school bus.

On the portable cup holders, we've never used them yet. There are plenty of other cup holders on the boat, and we find the portable ones just get in the way. We can only use them (practically) on the front seats, and those are the seats we use the most for storage (they are the easiest to get into), and the portable cup holders just get in the way. You have to pull them out/off the seat and have someone else hold on to them every time we open the front seats to get at the life jackets, anchors, etc. I suppose they are not bad to have around, maybe we'll use them someday (never had a full capacity boat, and maybe we'd use them then), but day in and day out, we never use them.

Our Irish Setter, Riley, is always on the boat with us and loves it. He's old, but still a pretty good swimmer. Here he is drying off after a swim.

I say take them as long as your human guests, which you're bound to have a lot of on a pontoon, are ok with it.

Back