Center Fuel Tank on ESP

hshanaha

Reaction score
I currently have a 2011 2575 GCW with the ESP package and a Yamaha 200 SHO, however the original owner opted NOT to install the center 50+ gallon fuel tank. I love the boat, but getting gas all the time gets old.

My questions is, from a certified Bennington Dealer, can this center fuel tank be installed after the factory build?

Thanks for anyone's response!

As an outgoing owner of a 2275RCW with the same motor, it would have sucked to not have had the center fuel. That being said, might be a tough after build add on, I would lean towards saying no. I mean anything is possible if you want to spend the money, but I think it would take FAR more than you'd think. Whole new center toon, modify the upper deck for access panels, fuel lines through the rear lounger, removal of old fuel tank. I hate to say it, but it would be cheaper and easier to trade that one in on another boat. I think my dealer still has my "old" 2012 with 25.8 hours on it! Haha

Another option, if you have the space, would be to replace the existing tank with a larger one.

I have to agree with Derrick, the cost of getting the center tube tank is gonna be pretty high.

Or just add a second tank ....... but I think it could be done.

If I see correctly, the center toon would have to be dropped to insert tank, which means pull motor, drop toon, insert tank, reinstall toon, reinstall motor,run fuel fill,vent lines, etc..... sounds like a pricey scenario.

I personally would just do a second tank somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deck Hand, it really sounded like the solution was really expensive! So I sold the boat to my brother and purchased a used 2011 2550 RCL with the Center Fuel tank. I think he is going to live with the smaller fuel tank and just fill up more often.

Deck Hand, it really sounded like the solution was really expensive! So I sold the boat to my brother and purchased a used 2011 2550 RCL with the Center Fuel tank. I think he is going to live with the smaller fuel tank and just fill up more often.
You aren't related to Derrick are you ???? :lol:

We are fortunate that money can solve problems B)

Late to the party, but I wonder if the existing fuel tank could be replaced with a larger one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Late to the party, but I wonder if the existing fuel tank could be replaced with a larger one?
Did you read the entire thread ??????? Lol !!!

Back