Cleaning and waxing side panels

Well I purchased this yesterday and used it on my side pannels to wash them. Not impressed. It's going to clean simple things but I had a couple of areas that looked like dirty drips off of the cover that stained the side pannels.....they weren't even that dark. I scrubbed and scrubbed and still couldn't get them off. I applied some Fantasik type stuff from my kitcken with a small towel and they came off easily.

http://www.turtlewax.com/detail-ICE%20Car%20Wash-9-87.aspx

Keith, I use 409 and paper towels. Spray and wipe and it doesn't get anywhere you don't want it. Then use the spray wax, makes a big difference because a lot of owners never wax the inside. Steve

I had great success with a spray bottle of straight vinegar. I washed between each fence (I have an R model, lots of fence detail) and then the fence rails themselves. Looked real good. I used a cleaner wax (even on the decals) to protect and shine.

Looks brandy new. Your mileage may vary. No shirt, no shoes, no service.

No shirt, no shoes, no service.
This line has always baffled me, sometimes in the right places, this gets you MUCH faster service!! Of course it doesn't work for myself personally but........

I thought that is how you got your tower model? walked into the house wearing no shoes, no shirt and told your wife " Baby, we're getting a tower model" She just batted her eyes like bambi and was rendered speechless"

I thought that is how you got your tower model? walked into the house wearing no shoes, no shirt and told your wife " Baby, we're getting a tower model" She just batted her eyes like bambi and was rendered speechless"
Ohh she'd be speechless alright, thinking I'm an idiot!! Hmmm, wife, speechless, I may have to look into your theory!! Oh and we usually use vinegar and water to clean off the panels, doesn't take much vinegar in the bottle!

Is it available yet ?

I cannot find it online or even the stores listed ( in my area ) on their site .

It does say " Coming Soon "
Yup...I bought it last week at Advanced Auto and used it on my boat already. Good stuff.

Yup...I bought it last week at Advanced Auto and used it on my boat already. Good stuff.
Figures ,closest one to me is 45 miles away .

update

They don't offer it there or online .

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure I saw this at Walmart the other day... There might be one of those closer to you.

Pretty sure I saw this at Walmart the other day... There might be one of those closer to you.
Walmart near me has the auto not the marine .

I have been to every store ( within 25 miles ) listed on the Eagle one site that says they have it . Most have never heard of it and can't even order it .

http://eagleone.com/nearest-locations

I saw it in the auto section, but it might have been for cars not boats. Now that I think about it more, I did look at it and pretty sure it said to wash your car, leave it wet, then use just a couple squirts per section. So, it was for a car.

Maybe for a fiberglass boat the product would be different, but for our painted fences, I'd think you WANT the auto version anyway.

Everyone else uses car wax.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had thought about getting the one for a car , What I really want to do is read them side by side and see how each is formulated .

Thanks for looking .

I bought some of that Eagle One Nano Wax. Incredible stuff. I used in on my black SUV (not the boat yet) and it took out all the swirl marks and it really looks brand new. Spray on, wipe off. Very easy.

I was amazed. I have a storage bin full of old waxes that I used once and then never used again because it didn't deliver as promised on the bottle. I will pitch all those and just by the Nano Wax from now on. $7.

I don't know about using it on a boat fence. It may contain petroleum distillates and so it may not be good for the vinyl decals, but it is AWESOME on my SUV paint.

If you have a black car, you HAVE to try this stuff. Again, not sure if it is safe for the boat.

Back