Close call at the lake last friday....twice

Indian_Lake_Bum

Reaction score
First close call was fantasy island bridge (water must be up a bit).  The bimini had less than a couple inches to spare and that was with it down on the short legs.

DSCN1554_zpsns1rysac.jpg

DSCN1555_zpsz95qv3jk.jpg

Second was coming across an 8 foot 4x4 floating around in the lake.  We came up on this real slow as you could see something way off in the distance bobbing around.  Stopped and pulled it up on the swim deck and hauled it out....still had the stickers stapled on the ends from the lumberyard.

Hoping all the floating trash gets cleaned up soon and the temps warm up

Yeah, gotta watch those biminis. I use my extending pole to verify our height to clear.

Extend it up a couple inches higher than bimini, then wife stands it up on the bow to see if it clears. Sure beats finding out the hard way !!

Put 2 kegs of beer on the boat,  One in the front one in the back so that the boat sits lower in the water

My spare prop is aluminum. I run my spare prop in spring when the water tends to be so full of flotsam. Anyone else do that? I figure its better to damage a $140 prop than a $600 prop. And kudos to you for picking up the 4x4! I so wish that was more common out on the water. That level of courtesy-to-others is pretty rare. 

Actually that is part of the deal with the USFBA (freshwater boater alliance)......boating safety and lake debris clean-up.  I didn't want another boat to hit it or a jet skier to whack the thing either as where it was floating is the normal jet ski playground.

Back