C'mon Bennington! Get going......

WOW!!!! just WOW!!!!

I am experiencing shortness of breath and a rapid heart beat.............................

I just hope they are built better than all the rest of the premieres I have looked at that only have 6-8 bolts holding the frame together and then 80# of self tapping screws.

This is the reason I bought a benny, after crawling under several brands along with premiere which is what my original intent was going into the toon market I was horrified to see how all other mfgs build their toons this is where the Benny shined and stood apart from the rest hands down, they are built like a tank in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see in the pics and info the cabin cruiser has triple 250 engines with a 10 foot beam, the other one has a 12 foot beam with triple 300's.

Kind of backwards I think, one would think that a cabin cruiser would be nicer in the 12 foot beam.

I am sure they used a few extra self tapping screws to hold them together though. :rolleyes:

A sunset watching, stay out all night, type of boat. Pretty cool. I would be interested in something like that after the kids grow up. The cabin cruisers certainly have appeal to me.

I think there is only so much you can do with the current pontoon "backbone" if you will. After that it gets a little crazy in my opinion. For that kind of money I'm sure you can get a nice cruiser. Kudos to them for putting in the time and effort though.

Boats are either purpose-built, or a compromise. 

This takes the purpose built pontoon (purpose built for comfortable day-boating), and makes it a compromise. I'm not interested enough to look up pricing, but with $70,000 worth of outboards, I'm guessing $160+.

You would be amazed what 3yr old Cruisers Yacht 330 can do for the same money. 

To each their own, but in my world, that's just silly.

There have been many houseboat makers use pontoons, seems to me the "cabin cruiser" is just a cheaper version houseboat..... nothing new here.

Steve

I like the idea, but not the execution. The front seat reminds me of an air boat in the Everglades. I think with these boats, it's either a houseboat or a "camper enclosure" option for overnight type use.

I don't think, due to floor design and space limitations, you will successfully mix these two worlds of pontoon and "cabin" cruiser into a cost effective platform. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but it looks wonky .....  plus there's not a lot of  outside "lounging" area.

Make's me think of the 70's pontoon on our lake modified into a super basic houseboat. I keep telling my wife, if the owner wants to sell, I'm going to buy it. We can sleep there overnight and then use the Benni during the day. My desire, is to have something to be able to use during crappy weather and still be on the lake, without the effort/cost of a camper enclosure. 

Back