Condo storage barns

goldnrod24

Reaction score
I just found out that the pole barn I wanted to build on an adjacent parcel must be tied to the rental house next door. Its size is limited to 50% of the ground level square footage of said dwelling. Too small for my needs.

A few months ago, a buddy offered me one of his condo pole barn storage units for $50K. It's a Morgan building, 30' x 40' with a 14' overhead door and is insulated, wired, plumbed and heated. Might have a choice of one with shorter side walls, but steel lined for the same price.

Association fees are $70/mo.

Any of you guys have any experience with this type of arrangement? I have a lot to learn in a short time.

Hmmm .... That sounds like the need for a real estate attorney. If it's "attached" to his "condo" parcel and or not a seperate "deeded" parcel then you need to keep looking.

You also need to verify that the "Association" allows non " owners" the right to purchase a owners pole barn. I can't imagine the association would want a lot of "non condo owners" owning the storage barns as it could potentially start to affect the property values of the condos.

To clarify, this is an association of 11 pole buildings (only) and yes, I believe each is a deeded unit. I don't know much about this stuff. I need to find out if the ground under each building is deeded or owned by the association.

So much to learn......

We have THESE right down the road from us. My neighbor has a heated 40 x 100 and it works out very well for their toy needs. This developer does a great job of maintaining the consistency of units and general upkeep of the property. Perhaps their website answers a few of your questions.

They call them contractor condos around here. Heated with a sink and toilet. I was looking at one in a complex and I noticed about 200 paint cans stacked in one units window. 2 months later... The entire set burnt to the ground. Be weary of your neighbors.

Pretty cool idea but as always the determining factor would be the cost.  Have any idea of the cost of the building TomS?  Noticed a $350/year HOA plus the ad said each building pays 1/40 of the taxes of the 8 acre area.  I currently pay $17/foot for my boat and seadoo at an offshore marina 1 mile from my cabin.  [Most are about $36/foot around the lake] so I don't think the condo would be n investment for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool idea but as always the determining factor would be the cost.  Have any idea of the cost of the building TomS?  Noticed a $350/year HOA plus the ad said each building pays 1/40 of the taxes of the 8 acre area.  I currently pay $17/foot for my boat and seadoo at an offshore marina 1 mile from my cabin.  [Most are about $36/foot around the lake] so I don't think the condo would be n investment for me
The basic 40x80 (no insulation or heat) is ~$23/ft. Generally this place is about $45k for the smallest to well over $100k for a loaded 40x100. There are other complexes further off lake that are ~30% less just due to the proximity and land cost. This one is literally right around the corner, so very expensive land. Location location location...

Back