Cooler and trash can?

so far onboard ice cooler is working fine. biggest little headache so far was FENDERS. tried the square plastic taylor fender clips that slide over the rail but found you still need a cleat to tie them too. finally came up with the idea of knotting the fender line to the right length and just keep them attached to the fender lines. the fender lengths are always the same so it became an easy fix. 
I thought the knot in the line is actually how those plastic fender clips are supposed to work, not with a cleat. At least that's how I use them. I put a knot that is adjustable if I loosen it, so if I want to change it on the fly it's quick and easy. 

The only cooler we got with out 2250gsr is a starboard/bow corner built in cooler with a bottom drain.  Didn't get another cooler for under the helm or the trashcan.  We use the normal spot for the trash can for fenders and tie up lines on one side and life jackets for watersports in the other.  Like mentioned before if you need a trash can hit wally world and pick you out one.  We normally don't create that much trash in a whole day out on the lake by ourselves but if we have several guests we tend to have some (empty water bottles or soda cans) but that can be thrown back in a pocket on our soft sided roller cooler.

The taylor made fender clips work pretty well for us too.  We just cut some 3/8" braided line and tied a loop on the end and a knot 5-6" under that to set the height of the fenders.  With the loop on the end you have something to grab onto (like a handle) when removing the clips from the rails and if you drop them in the water you have a loop for retrieving them with your boat hook.

Back