correct prop for 20sli

clbycole

Reaction score
Ok everybody I just bought a 2010 20sli with a yamaha 50cc. When I got it it had the solas high thrust prop on it and it ran around 16mph at 5300rpm. I decided to take the restrictor plate out to make it a 60cc motor and I also put the solas amita 3 prop on which came with the boat. It is an 11 pitch and now at wot im running 5000 to 5100 rpm and going 19.5 mph. What pitch should I be running to have it closer to 6000 rpm and will it increase my top speed any? This is my first boat just wanting to make sure im getting all I can get and its propped correctly. Thanks!

You need to go down in pitch to a 9 or so to increase your rpms. Your speed may go up or down though.

If you're going to buy a new prop, I suggest the 4 blade spitfire made for pontoons.

Is all the info you mentioned above with a light boat? If it's with a heavy boat, you might be dialed in already...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Merc.. that wot gets 5k and the boat with 2 on board 3/4 tank does 18.5. I'd say what you have now is the top you'll get. I have a 2075 GLX a little heavier than "S"

Ok everybody I just bought a 2010 20sli with a yamaha 50cc. When I got it it had the solas high thrust prop on it and it ran around 16mph at 5300rpm. I decided to take the restrictor plate out to make it a 60cc motor and I also put the solas amita 3 prop on which came with the boat. It is an 11 pitch and now at wot im running 5000 to 5100 rpm and going 19.5 mph. What pitch should I be running to have it closer to 6000 rpm and will it increase my top speed any? This is my first boat just wanting to make sure im getting all I can get and its propped correctly. Thanks!
Your ECU on the 50 hp may not have the same program as a 60 hp motor.   Some hp difference are in the programming of the ECU.

Sounds as if you may have a slight case of PADS. 

I have a 20slx with yamaha t-50. I had an alum prop that was 12 pitch I switched to a power tech 9 pitch that is made for pontoons. At 5500 I get around 19 mph there was not really a difference from alum to stainless in speed. There was a lil bit but it I mainly got it for durability I had to get a new one due to oyster reefs so I went ahead and spent the money and bit the bullet. It does bog the motor down on tight turns but it's not too bad. Pulling tube with 2-3 kids I get around 16.5-17 mph not the fastest but fast enough.

Back