Covering Boat for Travel

Samiam2000

Reaction score
We trailer our boat form NH to Fla and back each year.I've tried shrink wrap and it doesn't hold up.Usually falls apart on the road within 500 miles.

Contacted Bennington and they said the mooring cover was not suitable for highway speeds.

It kills me to travel 1,800 miles with the boat open in all kinds of nasty weather so my question is......does anyone know a way to cover my 2372QCW for travel?

There are covers made specifically for trailering.  BCPNick travels all the time I am sure he will offer an opinion

Link beat me to it.  Bcpnick has figured this out.  He had tabs sewed into the front of his cover or something like that.  I don't recall the details right off, but I think he has pics of it in his gallery.  I do remember thinking all mooring covers should be made the way he modified his.  Patent material.

I had one made. Pics in my gallery.

Special, just like me. Contact your local tent and awning shop, chances are they've done boat covers b4.

That is a sweet cover!

I had one made, run it 75-80mph down the highway 300plus miles at a shot. I'll see if I have a pic. It covers the whole boat to the rub rail and over the back of the motor.

Back