Crappy Wind!!!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Well yesterday was disappointing!  My brother is home from Kuwait for 19 days (here for 7) and he brought his wife and daughter(they are in Ontario). I think they have only been here all together once in like 3 years. So we had planned for a boat ride! Sister and her husband recently moved back to Manitoba from Vancouver and it is their 2 year anniversary today, so they met us in hopes of going boating as well. I guess the wind had other ideas! Of course it was 26-30km winds gusting to 50. Not doable in our little lake! It wasn't a total loss, still took my niece mini putting, sat on the beach so she could throw rocks in the water and "stomp" on incoming waves. Still an enjoyable day, just sucks because most of them have never been on our boat and I am working the next 3 days they are here. It sure was good to see them all though. 

Very windy in Michigan too Sunday 

Funny you mentioned the wind. We had a storm come through Saturday. They were calling for  sunny and 91. That didn't happen!!

Bummer they didn't get a chance to get out on the boat but it is still nice you were able to spend some time with them.

Last week I got caught in a front with 40 mph winds.....rode it out on the back side of an island....literally circled the island....was there for 45 minutes

Sorry to hear Bulldog, maybe they could come back in late October

Well the jokes on YOU two! I said screw it, swindled our relief guy to work for me today and took them out! They had a BLAST!  At first we were a little nervous because my niece has never been on a boat before, I'm not sure my sister in law has either(she's from Brazil) , and when we were getting ready to launch my niece just kept walking on a different dock and looking in the water. Well we finally got her on and she loved it! It was super empty out there being a weekday and only about 70F when we launched, but the sun felt warm. We took it pretty slow, went over to a little beach/restroom, spent a little time there, then went back out and asked if she wanted to go on a tube ride. At first she said no, so then we said, okay, well mommy and daddy are going to go and you can watch and decide if you want to(she's turning 4). Well THAT wasn't happening, if they were going,  SHE was going! Haha, so I took it real slow to let her get comfy and used to it. When we were in some calm water I would slide them back and forth in the wake a little,  then I pushed them out and she got excited and started giggling!  I knew it was good times ahead! I just kept pushing them out one side than the other, gently of course. Well after a while and a mommy to grandma switch, she came off. Then it was my brother and birth mothers chance! I asked if they wanted me to go easy, the brother wanted to flip and my birth mother just said don't be an ass!  Sooooo, hehe, I was kicking them around a bit, this time with some whip speed and they started to get cocky and just holding on with one hand and waving the other around like they were on a bucking bronco. Well we all know what bucking broncos do....... So I tossed them!! It was quite spectacular actually, it's a 3 person Big Mable style tube, well my birth mother lost her gripping in the whip, cannonballed herself at my brother, knocking him from the tube and she was laying face down on the seating area, right at the front of the tube causing it to start to submerge. I killed the throttle instantly, which then caused the tube to flip up and over. It was a thing of beauty. I really gotta get a gopro. All said and done, it was one of the best days out on the boat. They appreciated it so much, and it was such a joy to see my niece whom I hardly know, having the time of her life! She was tuckered out and fell asleep in grandma's arms on the ride back to the dock, never woke up till halfway through the 50 min car ride because she had to pee NOW! Haha, yup, love the boating life and the memories made.

Awesome memories made there Derrick!!!

One of the best things was in remember looking back and at first I thought she was crying, only to realize she was "screaming" in joy! Haha

Once the wife takes some pics off the camera ill post up a shot or two.

Awesome! Glad you were able to make it out with them! Looking forward to the pics! Does the wife want to keep the boat now?

What a great story and fantastic day for your family, love it!

That's great Bulldog, love how you have mastered the art of giving a thrill ride, like a classic violin player.  When I read your writing I can also tell who also had a great time on the boat......you

Glad you guys had a great time Derrick. Especially your neice.

Back