Current boat loan rates in your area?

Or get an S model and skip the loan. 

Holy crap! 3.99% for 15 years?!? You can pay a house off in that time period! 

Yeah, can you believe it! We took the 15 but plan to do it in seven. I've got a kid in college just wrapping up his freshman year. When this is paid for I get to retire... :)

I'll bet it's not all that uncommon if you were to poll folks with nicer boats. Heck- they pretty much cost as much as a small house. 

I'll bet it's not all that uncommon if you were to poll folks with nicer boats. Heck- they pretty much cost as much as a small house. 

I think if you have a head, sink and stove (grill) then you can count it as a second home.

*please consult your local tax advisor to see if this information applies to you.  No tax savings are implied and this post is only the opinion of the poster and should not be considered professional tax advice.

I just talked to my tax guy and he said a boat with a head, sink and grill can only be considered a second residence IF and only if it has been coated with sharkhide before the toons hit the water. I guess I'll have to stick to claiming my dog as a dependent.  

No 303 in the clause?

I just talked to my tax guy and he said a boat with a head, sink and grill can only be considered a second residence IF and only if it has been coated with sharkhide before the toons hit the water. I guess I'll have to stick to claiming my dog as a dependent.  

I also write off the  400s Verado as a guest house.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're asking for an audit....should be Verado!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, can you believe it! We took the 15 but plan to do it in seven. I've got a kid in college just wrapping up his freshman year. When this is paid for I get to retire... :)

Sounds good till you come down with P.A.D.S in three years. I know I'm going to work for a long time. Got a lot of toys that are on my bucket list! LOL

Just got my loan gift in the mail. 

9CE31441-6520-4F6A-99FC-5686BD3909D0_zpsegmjjxyh.jpg

I like the Michigan products inside it! Very cool! 

I see a can of Vernors!

One advantage of living on a private lake in the north

The S series is all you need to be happy (lol)

Keeps the cost in reality 

Tonight's moon 

Hey, we live in the South, and an "SLX" is all it takes to make us happy. But then again, we don't care how deep in debt the Jones' get, we still aren't trying to do what they do. Hell, we may be downright un-American, but for toys, if we can't buy them cash, we don't get them.

Hey, we live in the South, and an "SLX" is all it takes to make us happy. But then again, we don't care how deep in debt the Jones' get, we still aren't trying to do what they do. Hell, we may be downright un-American, but for toys, if we can't buy them cash, we don't get them.

Ditto, I believe in that rule. I wish I could say that about the kids college loans.Just think of the toy chest if college wasn't so expensive for the kids. Oh well,gives me a reason to work! ;)

Back