Curved ladder

Jdsdds

Reaction score
Just wondering, what is the idea or advantage if any of the curved boarding ladder?

I personally think it looks nicer aesthetically. Just like our curved Bimini.

Haven't had a curved ladder, but I had a straight folding on the first Benny, but I love our retractable SS ladder on this one. Nice, neat, and out of the way.

I have the curved ladder, much easier to climb aboard

Very easy to climb. I use it also when the boat is on the trailer. Easier than the front trailer steps. It does take some room on the aft deck but that has not been an issue for us.

A bit easier to climb up. At least that was our opinion when trying them v trying the SS one before putting our order in.

Admittedly, I prefer the look, and clean profile, of the SS ladder. However, due to family, kids, and wife’s preference, we went with the curved ladder for the ease of climbing in and out with it.

20171011_184553.jpg I like the look of the curved ladded, it is very sturdy and easy to climb. The stainless is nice and hides well but I think It is easier to stow the curved ladder and snap it secured.

Plus if you aren't sure if it's in the up position, you can just look back to see. I can't count how many times we've stopped to double-check our SS ladder and sometimes had forgotten to put it up.

Haven't had a curved ladder, but I had a straight folding on the first Benny, but I love our retractable SS ladder on this one. Nice, neat, and out of the way.
Randy, does the retractable ladder have four steps? Is it as wide as the straight folding ladder on your first boat? We need one that goes deep enough for old, bad knees and is wide enough for old, well...large...people to climb. (Me!).

DougandSherry, imo the ladder in terms of ease of use would be the curved ladder

The curved ladder is much easier to use. We have both and for you the curved would be better.

Back