Custom Build, whom to contact at Bennington?

Newport RI

Reaction score
I am very interested in a custom boat build for 2015.... I have a Q25 with Yami F300 and sport tower... like the boat but being in Ocean I want something else with some added protection and visability.

Something like a q25, this time F350 maybe (although the 300 has been nice), sport tower again, black out edition, but center console design.... I think if any brand wants to be taken seriously in an "ocean series" offering a center console elevated helm set up is a must.  Not elevated by a few inches but more traditional like center console like design (see link below).  Yes some RD needed but can not see too much, not talking new molds on all just re-conconfigure center of boat... (not suggesting easy but I think ROI here company wise) and believe could be a neat option to be offered to the masses.  Where I am (Northeast) to be up higher, more view of bouys, lobster traps, other is huge and also given I am in some rougher conditions and higher winds a bit more protection would be awesome... raised center wind deflector, possible side like zip up clear sides for drivers area.  When I say center console meaning helm station like this, roughly.

http://www.scoutboats.com/sportfish-xsf/300-lxf/     

or this  http://www.cobiaboats.com/boats/237cc/

This in the Scout offers a lot and big, but the other example a bit smaller....

seating for two, some protection from elements, small seat up front....If you view these  these links and imagine without the hard top and just integrate it into sport tower w/bimini etc...  to just to give an idea.  Can have the same two rear facing lounge seats IMO... front of center console smaller seating then the Scout as not to eat up room where main surround couches are....

Last edited by a moderator:
This would surely be an off season project. The factory is being slammed just fulfilling standard boats. I love the idea!

I've seen literature on that Premier, Tom. That boat is almost 30 feet long and I believe the beam is 10 feet. The helm sits up 2 to 3 feet up from the deck. Love those stairs going into the water between the 2 engines. Definitely unique............ 

I've seen literature on that Premier, Tom. That boat is almost 30 feet long and I believe the beam is 10 feet. The helm sits up 2 to 3 feet up from the deck. Love those stairs going into the water between the 2 engines. Definitely unique............ 
Seems like an ocean going setup, eh? I just thought the field of view from up there must be really good. 600hp probably doesn't hurt either ;-)

Anyway, lots of room for Bennington to innovate in their own way assuming the market is there as suggested.

I got up close and personal with that bad Premier. Pretty cool. The one I saw had mad horsepower, twin 350s!

Back to your original question, you'll need to deal with a dealer. The factory works with dealers, not directly with customers.

There is one of those Premiere pontoons on the Missouri river in Bismarck and it is definitely a "Barge" to say the least, I see it docked up in one of the local marinas.

It would be cool if Bennington would offer a center console. I'd be interested in one if and when I upgrade. Like a 2550 RSR ??

That Premier is bad AS*!!

I saw that Premiere at a boat show in the spring.  Thought the 2nd story looked like it would be easy to fall from with no railings or other safety item  

That boat is a beast....  thanks for posting but not what I am proposing, more traditional center console design and sporty......again Q series boat with center console design.

Will contact my dealer... Like the dual engines though, twin 350s would be slick... (would go twin 250s or 300's though)

tx all

Crest makes something like what you're looking for.  I don't think it's comparable to a Q, but the design is pretty close to what you're looking for:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-Crest-Pontoons-Wave-V-Center-Console-Fish-102005384
design wise yes step in the right direction, need to integrate with a sport tower, maybe sit a bit taller, wind shield taller and maybe area to add some light zip in sides....but yes this but done better in a Bennginton Q fashion! 

Back