Custom Wheel Upgrade?

tyjy

Reaction score
Trying to "build" a 22 SFX and wondering if anyone can tell me what the standard steering wheel is like? Is it black or teak (hard to tell from pictures)? Is it hard plastic or is it like rubber (ie: something that gets sticky in hot weather or dirty hands?)

There is an option for a: "Custom Wheel Upgrade with Teak Accents & Etched Center Cap". Do you know if that is how one gets a teak accented steering wheel? Also is that particular upgrade the one that gives you a larger diameter wheel ie: 15" as shown in the 2014 catalog? (pg 61 top left) (What's the standard diameter??)

Thanks!!

I've got the 22 SFX but I didn't really pay attention to the steering wheel, its the standard wheel, not upgrade. i'll have to check it out tomorrow for the size etc. I remember it is very comfortable tho.

In the 2012 models, the standard wheel was the all black plastic one.  I think it had a rubbery feel, but I doubt it was bad in the sun, as Bennington wouldn't have used it if it was.

The custom wheel upgrade you mentioned gets you the teak wood steering wheel (the part where you grab onto it with your hands is the teak part).  Pretty sure they are all still like this.  I haven't noticed any changes to it since 2012, but I could be wrong.  Get the custom wheel upgrade.  It's worth it in my opinion.   

It's the same wheel that's on our 07rl, and it's comfortable. Here's a pic.

gallery_1200_147_77562.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cwag: thanks for the picture, I like that.

Is it clear if the upgrade is for a 15" or just the teak?

Also, we are thinking of a black mooring cover. Does that roast it so hot inside while under cover and ever any delaminating of the teak features do you know?

THANKS!

With the 7 year warranty you shouldn't have to worry. Haven't had a problem in 8 years with ours.

Here is my 2013 and the upgrade is worth it

It will also be on my new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back