Delivery Day, 2016 2375 RCW

It poured on my maiden voyage as well.  The boat got absolutely soaked but it cleaned up easily.  Congrats on the new toy.

Havasu might have been warmer than the 49 degrees I had here. I stayed out until I was afraid my shivering would affect my ability to park (which it kinda did). 

It stopped raining around 7, but was still very windy. Tomorrow I hope to dry things off and at least get the cover on, then deal with the canopy this weekend. 

Nice boat, congrats!!

Congratulations Dub9, beautiful boat you have.  What lake are you on?

I'll be taking delivery of mine this Saturday, expected high is 56° with 40% chance of showers, great.

Go Green.

Nice color combinations.You should be very pleased with all your final decisions on what selection to order. Hope you feel that it was spot on. Best decision was moving to the R. We absolutely enjoy R 2550 RCW. Happy Boating!

Yup, the RCW is one of the sexiest models in the line up

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good and I'm glad you have it home! Enjoy!

I got the canopy on, and lowered it a bit. I still have room to stand upright with the boat raised. 

I am debating lowering the canopy a bit further to tuck it in more, since I can just lower it before boarding. 

Yeah, that seems high.  I would want my boat tucked in a lot more than that to keep the elements out.

/gallery/album_224/gallery_1431_224_31008.jpg

This his how mine is set with 36" deep canopy sides on a ShoreStation. It's almost to the top with the bimini down on the short legs.

I also envy the lift but cannot do as the water on our lake fluctuates too much.  Would consider float-ons if it wasn't against the association dock rules

Last edited by a moderator:
This is mine all the way up. I wish my canopy dropped down more but it works.

CB1FBD6D-3921-4306-9A63-C579069B80B1_zpsxpvdnf8q.jpg

Just for some updates as I approach the 10 hours:

1) the bow filler seat had holes worn in the vinyl on both sides. Waiting for a warranty replacement. 

2) The Bimini boot has a tear along the zipper seam. My wife noticed it on only the second time we took it off. Notified dealer of issue  

3) one of my speakers doesn't light. I haven't looked at it yet, but it seems like a fit/finish issue that should have been caught at the factory. 

Seems like my Cadillac is built like a Camry. 

Ouch, that sucks, dealer and bennington should fix it up right away.  While you wait for repairs/replacements enjoy the new boat knowing you're in good hands!

3) one of my speakers doesn't light. I haven't looked at it yet, but it seems like a fit/finish issue that should have been caught at the factory. 

Seems like my Cadillac is built like a Camry. 

Yes, you would think that they would have a better final inspection system in place. We also have an unlit speaker, the Garmin constantly freezes up, the brass sprayer for the "hose down" leaks so we have to remember to turn the pump on and off when we use it or the sink. Finally, the gas cap didn't come with a chain. 

That said, as annoying at some of those issue are (and should have been caught at the factory), I'm very impressed with the boat overall. With still less than ten hours on it so far, I really am coming to understand and appreciate the "Bennington thing"!

Yes, you would think that they would have a better final inspection system in place. We also have an unlit speaker, the Garmin constantly freezes up, the brass sprayer for the "hose down" leaks so we have to remember to turn the pump on and off when we use it or the sink. Finally, the gas cap didn't come with a chain. 

That said, as annoying at some of those issue are (and should have been caught at the factory), I'm very impressed with the boat overall. With still less than ten hours on it so far, I really am coming to understand and appreciate the "Bennington thing"!

I was talking with a good friend this morning who took delivery of a new Ski Nautique G23 in the spring, the cost of 2 or 3 well equipped ESP Bennies. The list of post delivery issues he rattled off was mind boggling. Some was factory, more was dealer prep, but they are some of the best built ultra high end and high tech boats around.

It reminded me how good a job Bennington really does, especially given the seasonal volumes and diversity of their dealerships doing the prep and final inspection.

I am sure some of the things are dealer prep, like the 2 missing connections on the radio.  Those are things I didn't bother mentioning to the dealer because it was easier for me to fix then tell them, although I guess I should let them know how their prep went.

Which is another rant, why do I get the customer satisfaction survey (and multiple reminders) 2 days after I received the boat?  Because we all are starry-eyed, new toon smell (perhaps that's the Shark Hide), and love everything before we actually have a chance to discover those little issues that pop up.

That said, none of the things have kept my boat off the water, so it is all good.

Back