Dent in toon

Stowaway

Reaction score
I bought an '08 2275 GL and discovered (after purchasing from a private party, of course) a dent in the starboard toon. It's a vertical indentation (not a crease) about the size of a cucumber just below the water line, near midships. I was told by an service technician I've know for years it has not compromised the integrity of the toon. Nevertheless, I thought I'd reach out to my Bennington colleagues for advise. Has anyone experienced such damage and, if so, what was the outcome?

Thanks much...

As long as it's not leaking then there's nothing to worry about. Just enjoy the boat. B)

I agree with Carl, but you could talk to a competent welder, have a couple of "studs" welded on and try to pull it out with a slide hammer.

Probably more trouble than it's worth though.....

I agree with cwag911 ....... If you ain't sinking, let it go. If you are like the rest of us, you will no doubt have more bumps down the road.

Smitty

Just FYI and for others with dents in your pontoons (and cars), you may be able to use this tool to remove them.

On the first link, fast forward to the 30 second mark and you will quickly get a feel for how this works.

There are a couple "cheap" versions of these tools on Autozone.com for $10 and $20.

Back