Does Bennington sell buyers information?

lakeliving

Reaction score
Got a piece of junk mail today from an an insurance company advertising boat insurance and it was plastered with bennington photos and referenced us as Bennington owners. I'm not a fan if that is their practice. Anyone else get this or could it be from another source?

I have not received anything . Could it possibly be your dealer ? Were is the post mark from ?

Last edited by a moderator:
South bend IN.

They could get that from public records that you own a Bennington. I got mail from a Ford dealer that they wanted me to trade in my 2004 F-150. I haven't owned that truck for 7 years. I also get mail for a Kia we owned 5 years ago. I don't think Bennington would sell info.

I'm not sure how what I own becomes public information. Just thought it was odd to get a mailer based out of Indiana with Bennington photos on it. They are straight from the brochure so hopefully they got permission to use them. I took photos with the iPad but can't figure out how to get them off this darn thing.

I know that when I lived in MASS. that the DMV sold address to make an extra profit. This is a known fact. That can still be a practice in some states as well. With all the problems with stolen ID's I wouldn't be happy if that practice still continues.

It's as easy as joining this forum and clicking your screen name for info. (Can you see this, or just mods?)

But using Benningtons photos, I would think they need permission.

Today I also received a large post card with insurance invite that had the Bennington pontoon picture taking up an entire side.

It's as easy as joining this forum and clicking your screen name for info. (Can you see this, or just mods?)
Just the Mods ,

Andy ,call and ask how they got your info . Then tell them you don't own a boat .

Where do you live swiftm? If your outside Michigan that rules out the state and the dealer guess. That unfortunately would leave one party...

Never mind, you bought yours from Wilson. Different dealer but same state.

I'm sorry guys, it was me. I needed some extra money so I sold you all out. I apologize. Hehe, here is a thought, how many of you filled out the questionnaire about Bennington and either said yes to receiving future information about Bennington or whatever the question was? Maybe that was where it came from.

Vehicle Titling information is public information.

Same as when you file a mortgage you get 50 calls from security companies

Got a piece of junk mail today from an an insurance company advertising boat insurance and it was plastered with bennington photos and referenced us as Bennington owners. I'm not a fan if that is their practice. Anyone else get this or could it be from another source? 

Oh and Andy, anything you get that has a bunch of pictures of Benningtons on it CAN NOT be considered junk mail!! Unsolicited mail yes, but not junk! Haha

Where do you live swiftm? If your outside Michigan that rules out the state and the dealer guess. That unfortunately would leave one party...
Andy - We do live in Michigan and boat in Traverse City. Did buy ours from Wilson in Howell.

Andy,didn't you also purchase from Wilson's ?

No. Lakeside motor sports in Mecosta.

I saw the Howell ,knew they had a Wilson .

Back