Does this belong to a member here?

goldnrod24

Reaction score
If I took a pic of every Bennington (Old or new) on Lake Norman that we see every time we go out..........I would have hundreds of pics! It's amazing how many Benny's there are here!

Same here I was thinking of a spotted thread similar to the GTO forum I use to be on....but there would be thousands of photos!

Our lake is loaded with Benningtons, I speak with many of them and virtually all of them are not interested in the forum with many of them totally unaware of the forum.  It surprises me that dealers don't talk the forum up as it promotes the quality of Benningtons much less my understanding as required to extend the warranty :blink:

Our lake is loaded with Benningtons, I speak with many of them and virtually all of them are not interested in the forum with many of them totally unaware of the forum.  It surprises me that dealers don't talk the forum up as it promotes the quality of Benningtons much less my understanding as required to extend the warranty :blink:
This is an amusing topic, as I mostly find the same thing. I've tried talking up the forum to Benny owners locally, even the dealer here. The 5 to 7 year warranty extension was the only hook that worked, good for 0 or 1 post. These folks apparently believe it's a waste of time, aren't interested, and that I'm just a dopey forum nerd (ha ha, perhaps I am!).

That is, until I help them solve a problem from info I've gleaned on forum, where the dealer had no clue  :blink: I bet I've shown 5 or 6 people how to operate their bimini and clips properly, solved a couple fueling issues, gauge fogging, propping, and so on. Oh well, I'm not a mechanic, but I'm always glad to help if know something about it  :)

This is an amusing topic, as I mostly find the same thing. I've tried talking up the forum to Benny owners locally, even the dealer here. The 5 to 7 year warranty extension was the only hook that worked, good for 0 or 1 post. These folks apparently believe it's a waste of time, aren't interested, and that I'm just a dopey forum nerd (ha ha, perhaps I am!).

That is, until I help them solve a problem from info I've gleaned on forum, where the dealer had no clue  :blink: I bet I've shown 5 or 6 people how to operate their bimini and clips properly, solved a couple fueling issues, gauge fogging, propping, and so on. Oh well, I'm not a mechanic, but I'm always glad to help if know something about it  :)
TomS, I have always considered you as one of the most knowledgeable and always ready to offer a much needed suggestion.  I have always felt bad that I am so lacking in my knowledge and am not mechanical at all.  Therefore since I am the way I am then bow to me as I am the King of Dopey Forum Nerds :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had only seen 1 or 2 other Bennington's on Crooked & Pickerel lake the past 3 seasons .

I'll bet I saw at least 10 maybe 15 on the trip over to the new marina 

You're right Link.......when I mention to Benny owners about the forum they are either not interested or had no idea there was a forum in the first place........

Same here. Probably 100 plus Bennington's on our docks and maybe 3-5 on here.........   :(

I love this place, found it after I bought a 2012 SFX and you guys have been great to answer my questions . Ones I'm sure your tired of answering but there is always help here. I think most people seek out a forum when they actually have issues with something or are researching for a purchase.

I was at a small marina in Eastern Tennessee last week.  Almost no Benningtons to be found at all (maybe 5), as there was a local manufacturer with more than a lion's share of the boats bearing his name.

There was a couple of people who were getting ready to take an evening cruise, and wouldn't you know it, Bennington owners AND Forum members (KCman)!!!!!   I love getting to know Bennington Forum members!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back