Dual Batery Question

Welcome to the forum Rich! Your absolutely on it on the use of the switch use. As far as everyone using it the same way,not everyone boats the same.I never turn it to off during the season. I pretty much leave it in the 2 position since our boat never sits to long when it's not sitting on the lift. Happy boating with the new boat!

I have two batteries on mine. I have a switch, but leave it on all of the time. When my accessories are on, they are pulling from both batteries. When I'm running, both batteries are charging during that time. Some have said that they have one battery and have never had an issue with it running down while just sitting and running the stereo, so I figure if they don't have problem with one, I surely shouldn't have problems with two. 

I have one battery and have never had an issue with running down the battery when sitting and playing the radio. I carry a second battery for my trolling motor so if in a pickle I could use that. On my old boat i had the double battery system with the switch. Generally just left it in both and never had an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a dual set up. SOP for me is that the switch is turned off when the boat comes out of the water. I now leave the starboard battery on a tender. It is no fun to forget to turn off the battery switch and have a dead boat when you want to go out. Of course, that is the time when all the relatives are in town with all their little brats and I have a dead boat. Well..... maybe that was a good thing. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back