End of 2013 Season

mtudb24

Reaction score
First of all, sorry folks I haven't been on here much lately in the past few months.  Work, coaching son's football team, and duck hunting has been consuming my time.

We put the Bennington in indoor storage today.  She worked out very well as a layout tender boat when we weren't hunting in our deep water blind on Saginaw Bay.  Probably not what Bennington was thinking when they designed their boats, but my dad did it back in the 70's with his Harris Flote boat so I thought I'd try it this year.  When not retrieving ducks, we had a heck of a late fall perch and walleye run. We'll pull our blind and Lund center console out in the next week or so.

I look forward to getting caught up on everyone's projects (golden rod's center tube.  Bulldogscadiliac and his ever revolving stereo upgrades and one hell of a new boat.  Kaydano and his new lease on life with his new motor and prop ( hahaha).  Ben and Suzy who's wealth of knowledge is 2nd to none and all the other "newbie's" and "veterans" I might have missed over the past few months.

So for us Northerner's who have a long winter hibernation, here's to a quick and speedy spring and for our Southern warmer climate brethren, here's to a safe and happy 2nd half of your boat season

Tight lines everyone

Todd

Being one of the southern brethren thanks for the best wishes and hope your off season is healthy and short and tame.

I put our Benny away today too. Our boating season is officially done until spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.......we're you a successful football coach?!? Did your son's team win?!? Ha!

Happy Hibernation! Good to see you back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you again mtubd.  The forum and especially the people who are regulars is what helps me to get through the winter

Welcome back to the madness!

Well we took our last ride of the season two weeks ago. temp in the 70's. The next day winteriized  took off the battery, P-potty, and

bimini, then had it wrapped. It'll be ready for the first 2014 ride in March. Not bad down only 4 months. Can hope for a warm winter could be ready to go the first of March.

I've enjoyed the forum topics. Coming from salt water boating in New England to Lake boating in the Carolinas is a change, BUT we're still out and about and you can swim in warm fresh water. 80+ warm, unlike maybe 60 in a (HOT) summer up north.

The Barrington's (2013 2075 GL) first season was a great experience. we enjoyed every minute.

See ya'll next spring.

By then I'll figure out how the fill in the blank picture with a real one

Thank you all. It is good to be back and seeing (well, hearing) everyone on their thoughts, pleas for help, great things that may have stumbled upon etc. and watching all these guys get these new fancy boats.  Hell,  I thought I was gonna be "more equipped or advanced" boats out there in 2011 when I bought mine.  Every option ordered, my dealers first twin Elip tube package with a 150hp Merc Optimax Pro XS.  Rough water package etc, but as I see these new young guns come in with these $60-$75+ thousand dollar boats with towers, 8.0L big block engines, and many 250 - 350 hp outboard motors, I feel 2nd rate and like a aging dinosaur.  hahahha

Since Big Kahauna asked, we went 7-1.  Tied for league champion.  We had 2 Kids that never played football before until this season.  We only had 2 coaches.  Myself the D coach and my cousin the O coach (his son was on our team as well as my son).  I'm not gonna say much, but it wouldn't surprise me if y9ou see my cousins kid Evan Sturm playing someday in the highest levels of the game.  He is a absolute beast.  Big, fast, soft hands etc.  My son plays corner and qb and they hooked up for 14 passing TD's in 8 games.  My son is a avg QB, but my cousins kid can catch a ball within a 10 foot radius of him.

Regardless of our record, we had a blast and its all about the kids.  If they learned something whether we go 0-8 or 8-0, the fundamentals we teach them is our main goal.  The kids are 9years old and 4th graders.  If they can mentally learn and get physically stronger, the no matter what our record is, its a winning season for us.

Sorry for that rant.  But as a player of a college football team, I had wished some of my early coaches worried more on the "kids" then actually a win loss record.  We had 2 kids that never played until now.  They got the ball and opportunities just as much as the kids played for 4 years.  Hate those coaches to play 1 Kid in only 1 position for every play and kids set on the bench.  Total disrespect in my opinion.

Anyways, I'm back and I'll be giving my twisted bit of knowledge as much as possible and looting to absorb all the new info that is out here to learn

Todd]

Welcome back.

You're right Todd it's all about the kids.............especially at that age. The fundamentals are important as well as being in a team structure and discipline. My wife and I coached softball when my daughter was younger. The kids used to ask us to play different positions and we let them. We had this one girl who was just learning and she wanted to play 1st base. She didn't quite know how to catch yet...............but she learned..............the hard way...............But we gave her the opportunity...............Participation means a great deal!

Our boat was winterized and went into indoor storage Nov. 6th.  It snowed that night,  We will leave it in until the first of May.  It will be a long 6 months.  Sigh.......

Back