Express tube add on

Bluebenny

Reaction score
I have a 2250Gbr and am thinking about adding the express tube package, and upgrading my 90 hp Yamaha outboard to a 150 hp. Thoughts?

There’s a few guys on here who did the add on, I’m sure there chime in! Welcome to the club!

I think its a great idea in theory, but have no practical knowledge or feedback to contribute. Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to hearing what some of the other members that have done something similar think. Good luck!

Perform a search here as there has been lots of previous discussion. I did it. I think Bennington is less inclined to do this these days as the cost of production and transportation is high vs. the results. I think you should sell your current boat and buy a new one with SPS/150.

I've done this. My opinion is an informed one.

Strakes have a lot to do with top end speed on the Express, and doubt you have them on the 2 tubes you have now, so you might be disappointed with the results in the end.

I agree with goldenrod24. Buy new. That way its factory installed and 10 year warranty.

Strakes have a lot to do with top end speed on the Express, and doubt you have them on the 2 tubes you have now, so you might be disappointed with the results in the end.

While the ride, post Express Tube retrofit, was greatly improved, I gained NO increase in speed. Nada.

While the ride, post Express Tube retrofit, was greatly improved, I gained NO increase in speed. Nada.

Surprised to hear no increase in speed GoldenRod. I definitely picked up 4 - 5 MPH when I added the Express Toon package. I added it to my 2012 RL along with underskirting and they both definitely approved the quality of the ride as well. I did so because I was happy with my R and wasn't ready to purchase another boat. If buying a new boat would not even consider the Express Toon would only go SPS.

If going to spend money on Express Toon and engine would work the numbers, cost of upgrade vs new boat cost minus value of selling current and then do what is best for you

Back