Express Tube questions for my boat

About one foot of space between toons.

That's what I figured too...about one foot. Gonna make underskinning quite a squeeze wouldn't you say?

Maybe. Never done it. But I have been under my boat and it isn't as bad as it sounds. It's not like two 6 foot walls with 14 inches between them, it's two round tubes with 14 inches at the narrowest point, with emphasis on "point". I would think there would be sufficient room to do the job.

When I buy the third tube, I plan on doing the install myself, and the underskinning was a bigger concern than mounting the tube. Still, with my boat sitting on the trailer 14 inches will be tight.  I am going to the local boat show tomorrow afternoon so I can get an idea from some of the tritoons there.

Do the skinning first.  Put the tube on last.  Should help with room.

Genius! I'd be too excited to see it with the center toon on and would tackle that first!

The points on the nose cones are 77" between the two outer toons.  With 25" toon tritoons, you'd have about 13.5" between the outer toon and center toon at the closest points. 

Due to the curvature of the toons, there is more room between the toons up where the underskinning is mounted to the cross channels.

It's just about enough to make one apply underskinning prior to adding an Express Tube to a two toon boat.

I guess if one were to underskin first that would be a solution. Having done that, how would you access the space you need to secure the fasteners for the tube.. Its hard to picture while sitting here at the computer, but I know  others have done it, so there is a way!  I can't wait for the boat show this afternoon, here in Owensboro Ky.  It will be 12 degrees tonite for the low, and snow/rain mix tomorrow...yippee. 

Back