Fas-toon

Fas-toon

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Bennington 22 R Tri-toon with ESP package. I put on a 250 Evinrude motor that actually bench tests at 276 HP. I can reach 55 MPH with this boat on a calm lake and 2 people. My acceleration is unbelievable and I can pull at least 8 people in rafts behind the boat. The most fun is when the ski boats pass you with that look and you full throttle and leave them behind. 

If you say it I believe you but that is quite a bit higher than any other R that has posted in the props & power.  The R's I found there is two 225 that reported 42 and 43mph and a 250 that reported 42mph.   

I have a 2012 2275RCW with a 250 H.O. Etec.  With just me I have gotten it up to 49 mph with a 19" rebel prop.

Link is calling bs! That's funny but 55 seems quick. Is that gps verified?

I only get 70, but that's up hill.

So this was a speed being pulled by a car?   LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep.

I have ordered a 2275 GFS w/ ESP package. The dealer tells me I can not put the vmax 200 sho on because it is only available in a 20" shaft, and I need a 25".  Any thoughts?

The 200 is a sweet motor. You would need the 25" so if it is not available on the sho, it wouldn't work. We're just razing you fas-toon! If you have some speed secrets please share them. I'm picturing that spray Clark Griswold put on the sled would work wonders on the toons.

I have ordered a 2275 GFS w/ ESP package. The dealer tells me I can not put the vmax 200 sho on because it is only available in a 20" shaft, and I need a 25".  Any thoughts?
All of the ESP's use 20" shaft for the Yamaha SHO's since that's the only length they come in. It should tell you that in the boat builder.

Fas Toon,

What prop and size are you using?

If you are ordering it than yes you can get it, I know because I have had 2 SHO motors on ESP. They just have to check off the 20" transom box. Now if it is a dealers existing stock, then no if it is already manufactured with a 25" transom

Propped right, empty, awning up to help with lift- 55 is possible at 275hp.

The mercury 250 pros are actually rebadged 275 hp Verados. Wonder if evinrude is oing the same.

It wouldn't be the prop to pull skiers properly with.

And yes, I enjoy passing the run abouts and small ski boats on my fast floating dock too... Geesh is 25 foot big.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2011 Bennington 22 R Tri-toon with ESP package. I put on a 250 Evinrude motor that actually bench tests at 276 HP. I can reach 55 MPH with this boat on a calm lake and 2 people. My acceleration is unbelievable and I can pull at least 8 people in rafts behind the boat. The most fun is when the ski boats pass you with that look and you full throttle and leave them behind. 
WOW, that is awesome. Compare that to my recently acquired (mid October) 2014 Bennington 2375 RL with ESP and Evinrude ETEC 225 HO which will do 45 mph gps as currently propped.  It currently has a 17" Rebel turning at 5800 rpm.   Dealer wants to try different props when the weather is cooperative.  Think he is looking to get the rpm down off rev limiter.

Back