February snow............10 inches of fun in Fredericksburg!

Your place sure looks different with snow!  Bet you're glad you kept your snow blower!

You got more snow than we did.  We only got about 5" so far.  Maybe another 3 overnight.  Still won't be as much!

Daril

That is at least 10 inches of snow. I hope you had an easier time with the snowblower than I did. Temps got up to 33*, and the snow started sticking in the chute, clogging it up constantly.

Hopefully it melts soon. What a mess!

Looking at the second part of the post title, I was almost afraid to open the pics  :wub:

That was his valentines gift to all of us!

Daril, I like the snow wave on the door, it's as if the snow was mocking your dreams of summer

Nice job there Daril. Ours started melting yesterday afternoon and now it's ice. I think we'll be in here for another day, but 70's next week. WOO!! HOO!!

Snow slid off the shrink wrap yesterday got about 3" than it started to melt. Last night in the freeze turned to solid ice Average is 55" but on Saturday it's going to the 60's Snow will be gone and we can think "SPRING". About 4 weeks to go to get into the Benny and go for a ride. Hey MI. will you have water or ice on the lakes July 4th?

Went to college in New England and had to deal with a lot of snow.........but it's been a while.........28 years of working in DC and having to go to work at 3 am no matter if there's an inch or a foot of snow on the ground is behind me........... I don't know how you guys in Michigan, upstate New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Canada put up with this cold and snow............................... ON DAILY BASIS!!!!!

My part of Virginia has had only 2 decent significant snow falls this year where I had to use the snow blower. (Most of our snowfalls melt the next day) But it's been extra cold this year and this last snow fall just zapped my strength. Got to move to a warmer place!

We've been looking to build a retirement home in Lake Norman for a few years now. We've been negotiating with a couple builders  across the lake from where Carl lives. But look at the snow that Carl just got! Oh man.............

They said the last time it snowed like this was 10 years ago. We ventured out today for a trip to the store and I really didn't think we were gonna make it out of our road, (or back in). It's not plowed, and it won't be clear untill it melts. 53 out so it's melting and sloppy. No mail delivery either, but not like I have to go to work.     :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I realize you guys don't get that kind of snow on a regular basis.

Speaking of not plowed. Last night Diane and I just finished a movie and I WAS going to take it back to Redbox. Well like a goof I jumped in my 2 wheel drive Chevy S10 filled w/snow in the bed thinking if I can make it out of the neighborhood I can go anywhere...............Made it about a hundred yards from the house. Ha! I've never gotten stuck in that truck in the 10 years I've had it........The plow came by at 2 am................I dug it out this morning. 

Would somebody send up a box with "50's or 60s"?  We could use some of that, I'd even take some 40's!

Back