Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Fender Hanger Solution

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself Projects' started by Gumby146, Jun 14, 2019 at 10:46 AM.

1. Gumby146

Gumby146 Member

So I have researched fender hangers for quite some time for my new Benny. None of the offerings I found, and there were many, worked for my 2019 25SSRXP. They either required a drill for install or interfered with the boat cover. After a lot of work, I finally came up with a practical solution. It allows for infinite adjustment and allows the fender to be removed quite easily when under way. What do you think?

It consists of a motorcycle strap, a cam lock cord tightener, and paracord-

upload_2019-6-14_10-44-49.jpeg upload_2019-6-14_10-44-49.jpeg

2. Vikingstaff

Vikingstaff Well-Known Member

Interesting idea. Can you post a picture of how its attached or looped around the top of the rails? Kinda curious on the entire set up.

swiftm likes this.
  3. swiftm

swiftm Well-Known Member

I use the Taylor made clips but was wondering the same thing about your setup.

4. Gumby146

Gumby146 Member

Hey Vikingstaff,

I won't be out on the boat till next week, but i'll post a pick as soon as I get out there.

With this setup there are two methods for attaching to a vertical portion of the fence-

1. Slide the strap behind the post and clip the carabiner to both loops on the strap. To remove, unclip one loop and slide the strap, which remains attached to the carabiner, back out. This removes all parts for storage.

2. Slide the strap behind the post and feed one loop of the strap through the other. This secures the strap to the fence. Clip the carabiner to the single hanging loop. The strap remains when the carabiner is removed.

I find that the second method is easiest. I don't have to remind the wife where to connect the fenders as the straps dictate where they hang. )

Here are links to all the parts-
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M9EBN3U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E631TZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nite-Ize-CamJam-Cord-Tightener-in-Black-4-Pack-NCJ-01-4R3/308840479

Vikingstaff likes this.
  5. Gumby146

Gumby146 Member

Hey Swiftm,

I considered the Taylor Made clips, but was concerned about "someone" dropping them is the water.

6. swiftm

swiftm Well-Known Member

Gumby146
    The clips attach pretty tightly and have never had a problem with them coming loose. That said though, I sometimes loop the extra rope from the fenders above the clips through the rails or bimini supports if I am worried about “somebody” dropping them. Of course, with our 50hp we are never moving very fast and often just leave them hanging.
    Looking forward to your next pictures.

Gumby146 likes this.