Finally Delivered!

JTaylor

Reaction score
We took delivery of our 24 SLX3 today!  I had never driven an SPS before but was very pleased with the handling, and the F200 was just awesome.

I knew I couldn’t post this without being hounded for pictures, so I have attached some low res ones to allow them to upload, and also put some in my gallery.  

I included the main pic that Andy cares about -- 44.6 max speed right at 6000 rpm with just the dealer onboard for his test run, and I got 43.0 with me, the dealer, and my wife onboard. 

Now that I’ve written the biggest check of my life, let the fun (and stress) of boat ownership begin!

John    

IMG_0721 (640x480) (480x360) (240x180).jpgView attachment 815IMG_0711 (640x480) (480x360) (240x180).jpgIMG_0713 (640x480) (480x360) (240x180).jpgIMG_0718 (640x480) (480x360) (240x180).jpg

Awesome. Looks like 45 is doable in the right conditions. What prop are you running again?

Nice boat, congrats.

Nice looking ride, and the red really stand out!!

Marc

Very nice !!!

Nice boat can't miss that red boat

Very nice

Sweeeet    :)  Sounds like it performs very well too..

Thanks to all, we're really looking forward to spending a lot of time exploring the local waters now that the weather is cooperating.

The prop is a Reliance stainless, 14.5 x 17.  The dealer initially said they were going to use a 15 pitch, but then after their trial he upped it to 17.   

I wonder why17 pitch? Bennington had a 15 pitch on their water demo boat. I told the dealer I wanted a 15 pitch....hopefully that wasn't a mistake.

Nice boat!

You guys will certainly have some numbers to compare on those two prop sizes...  It will be interesting to see the difference.  Problem is acceleration is so much harder to measure than top speed...

Nice boat! Does the SPS lean at all in the corners? My boat doesn't get delivered till Memorial Day weekend. :(

It leans, but not quite as much as the ESP I test drove since the dealer didn't have any SPS boats at the time I ordered.  I was very impressed with the turn radius.      :)

Congrats on the great looking toon!

Back