Finally put it away..........Big Kahuna's winter home...........

BigKahuna

Reaction score
gallery_1283_424_171913.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess it's official for you now too .....

Yup............just had it winterized last week and put to bed today.............

The boat barely fits under roof but the trailer sticks out.................Gotta cover it w/a tarp or something..............

Daril,

Are you planning to block your frame and remove the tires?

Isn't she cute when she is sleeping!

Daril your toons look great. Can you walk us through the steps taken to keep them looking great? I sure hope our boat looks as clean as yours does in 10 years wow!

Daril,

Are you planning to block your frame and remove the tires?
Daril your toons look great. Can you walk us through the steps taken to keep them looking great? I sure hope our boat looks as clean as yours does in 10 years wow!
Hey Dan........

I never have with either boat/trailer that I have owned. Plus these trailer tires have just about had it. I've noticed dry rot and cracking all over each tire. So at the beginning of next season I'll have to replace them. How's Denise and your parents?????

Lakeliving..........

I had the pontoons acid washed 3 seasons ago then I applied Sharkhide. If you saw them in person you would see where the Sharkhide is wearing/rubbing off. I will probably have them acid washed again next season. Don't know about the Sharkhide yet. They are relatively easy to keep clean because I take the boat out of the water after each use and towel dry them on the trailer.  So there's no water line............

Isn't she cute when she is sleeping!
Yup sure does Link...........But I was so mad today when I backed it under the roof...........I realized that after I lowered the bimini and put the mothballs and containers of Damp dry and thought I was done that I...............FORGOT TO REMOVE THE BATTERY from the engine compartment! So I had to drive it back out.........raise the bimini...........take the rear part of the cover off...........lift up the engine compartment and physically get down there to lift it up and out. (The marina already disconnected the cables.) Then start all over again............close the engine compartment......... re install the cover............lower the bimini.........and back it into place.........................P I T A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been there, done that!

Yup sure does Link...........But I was so mad today when I backed it under the roof...........I realized that after I lowered the bimini and put the mothballs and containers of Damp dry and thought I was done that I...............FORGOT TO REMOVE THE BATTERY from the engine compartment! So I had to drive it back out.........raise the bimini...........take the rear part of the cover off...........lift up the engine compartment and physically get down there to lift it up and out. (The marina already disconnected the cables.) Then start all over again............close the engine compartment......... re install the cover............lower the bimini.........and back it into place.........................P I T A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did just the opposite I pulled my battery in the garage and back the boat in the shop only to discover that I had left the motor trimmed up. So the battery got drug back cover pulled off wife crawled in and hooked up the batt and I dropped the motor then we removed the batt again. Cant wait till next summer its right around the corner.

Yup your right........Spring is JUST around the corner.......won't be long! Ha!

Back