First Bennington

A.R.E.S

Reaction score
Just bought our first Bennington. 2016 GSR 2250.  I haven't even picked it up yet.  We should get it next weekend.  I do have to say that Monica at Spend-A-Day marina is awesome to work with!  Looking forward to a lot of family fun this summer!

Welcome.

Welcome, and PICS when you pick it up!!!

Congrats on the purchase.  You will enjoy!

Congrats on your purchase...Welcome Aboard. Make sure to post specs and pics.

I can list the specs for now. White/Sorrel, Yamaha 150, SPS, raised helm, illuminated kicker speakers, bow filler seat, gps/depth finder, bamboo flooring, pillow top upgrade. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If anyone can give me suggestions please do! I'm a newbie! 

I was also thinking about adding another battery and switch. 

Im leaving it docked at river run harbor Indian lake. Maybe I'll run into a few of you guys this year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, and welcome!

Can't wait to see the pics! Welcome to the club.

Congrats! Lets see whatcha got.

I have the 2nd battery and switch.   Takes up a little space under the seats but always know i have a back up in case I do something stupid like play the stereo all day on the one battery.  

Well I just called and had them add the second battery and switch. Since they are still setting it up they didn't charge any installation fee. I'm sure we will be sitting and swimming a lot with the radio playing, so better safe than sorry! 

I also have the floor storage, so I'm not that worried about the little bit of room it will take up under the seats.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan to be in the same set of shoes next year about this time. Any tips on where to start your search for a new Bennington. I was considering going to the Chicago Boat Show as a start.

I plan to be in the same set of shoes next year about this time. Any tips on where to start your search for a new Bennington. I was considering going to the Chicago Boat Show as a start.

Very smart young grasshopper. :)  wherever you travel seek out a Bennington Dealer, walk the docks and talk to (in my opinion) the most passionate owners out there.(Yes the owners of Benningtons). Boat shows are good times to pull the trigger, now is the time to test drive/ride. Write down a list of what you plan on doing. Are you a on the water camper, a day on the water type with meals, slow cruiser, do you have access to your boat on the water, do you intend to do a lot of water sports or just occasionally, are you in Canada or Arizona... Many questions to be answered and we all will be VERY happy to help you spend your money!

To me a second battery is a great add.  Even if not needed, it gives you a piece of mind.

+1. Not a lot of money for a pretty big insurance item.

Picked the boat up today. I didn't really get a chance to take any pics. The wife and kids loved it! I on the other hand had fun trying to spin a 24' boat in a 30' wide space into our dock in a 20mph wind! LOL I need practice. 

You'll get the hang of it.  :D

This might be a stupid question. I'm new to this tho so bare with me. Is it normal for the boat to lean slightly to the starboard side? (GSR 2250) Since the helm and dual battery are on that side. It's not that bad and it doesn't seem to effect anything. Just curious. 

Just bought our first Bennington. 2016 GSR 2250.  I haven't even picked it up yet.  We should get it next weekend.  I do have to say that Monica at Spend-A-Day marina is awesome to work with!  Looking forward to a lot of family fun this summer!

Both boat and camper @ SAD.  We'll see you around.

Back