First Bennington

Adding a second battery was one of the first things I did with mine. Mine came with an isolation switch for the one battery that came with it so I didn't install a singling switch between the batteries on mine as I have them connected to work together all of the time. They run down together and charge together. They will remain in the same condition over their life. I don't like the idea of switching back and forth to be sure they are fully charged. That would be my luck to have forgotten to allow it to charge periodically, then one day, run down the battery, turn to the backup and it be too low to crank the vessel.

This might be a stupid question. I'm new to this tho so bare with me. Is it normal for the boat to lean slightly to the starboard side? (GSR 2250) Since the helm and dual battery are on that side. It's not that bad and it doesn't seem to effect anything. Just curious. 

Unless there is something wrong, it is pretty much about weight distribution.  You may need a fat person to sit on the port side. :D

I can list the specs for now. White/Sorrel, Yamaha 150, SPS, raised helm, illuminated kicker speakers, bow filler seat, gps/depth finder, bamboo flooring, pillow top upgrade. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If anyone can give me suggestions please do! I'm a newbie! 

I was also thinking about adding another battery and switch. 

Im leaving it docked at harbor run Indian lake. Maybe I'll run into a few of you guys this year!

I think you guys are docked straight across from us at river run harbor.....a white gsr2250 with tan mooring cover.  I know Dan and Theresa (owners of river run) said that they might have a new boat from spend a day coming into that dock pretty soon.

Noticed the new boat in the dock across from us this past weekend.  If that's yours (sounds like it from the description) I'm sure we'll be seeing you around the lake quite a bit.  Very nice boat BTW!
DSCN7719e_zpslz3ev0az.jpg

That would be me! I just left. Saw your dock was empty. I was just going to post some pics finally and saw your post. That's funny! Small world! I'm sure I'll be seeing you around this summer! 

Welcome to the neighborhood at Indian lake.  

Docking indeed came be a challenge at times at river run but it gets easier over time.  Biggest thing is just take your time docking.......and a good co-pilot always helps out too.  Have you docked up at Micky d's or Taco Bell yet?  Sometimes it is just good entertainment at those docks.  I'm not gonna lie......I've been the entertainment before and it will probably happen again.   Everybody has that off day every now and then.

Docking video from earlier this year.......trying to get the winter rust worn off.

I've docked at Taco Bell a few times. I seem to be ok there, but I'm sure I've been the entertainment at river run. Getting better but the first couple times I had to completely back out and start over. I do have to say I'm glad we were able to get a dock there. It's nice, convenient and everyone seems friendly. 

I thought I was getting better at docking there until I watched your video. I have a long way to go! LOL

This will be our 4th year at river run the 3rd with the bennington at that same dock.    We started with an older crest pontoon and that wasn't to bad to dock but back then we didn't have a dock with a lift.....little more room to work with coming in.  You are doing fine getting out and back in with our monster sticking out into the middle like it does.  We normally pull it in as far as it can go and sometimes it ends up a little over the center walkway by the time the lift comes up.

Windy days can be a real bear if its blowing straight down the channels between the buildings.  Those are the days when your co-pilot and a long reach hook can make a high stress situation a little easier.  

A.R.E.S, welcome aboard! Nice looking vessel you have there. Just saying...

Congrats Dave!! I think you'll find that tree did you a favor! What are the specs on the new toon? Where do you boat?

When Hurricane Ike came through Ohio years ago, I moved Jill's convertible next to the 20' pine tree.  We had no power for 6 days and the tree is still there at the old house.  :(

That's funny remediation. Lol. Thank you lake living, I am on Williams lake near Oakland county airport.

I ordered a 22ssbxp (swingback). Regatta Blue with granite accent. Two toons because my lake is not so big. Blackout pkg. Regatta Blue Bimini. Driftwood interior with sandstone accent. Lighting package, 115 hp Yamaha, ski tow bar, upgraded stereo, other stuff I can't think of now but seemed ultra important then (haha). I will post pics when it makes it home. Hopefully in late June! 

I've been on that lake! had family that lived on it. 

Back