First pontoon

Riverrat

Reaction score
Wanted to say thanks to all of you that share some great information. I have been following posts on here since I ordered my Bennington about six weeks ago. I picked it up Thursday morning and we couldn't be happier with our purchase. I'll post a few pictures if I ever figure out how. Here is what I ordered.

2250 GSR
ESP
Yamaha F200

Power Assist Hydraulic
Center tube fuel tank
In - floor storage

Dual Battery
Black with Smokey Granite
Dimensional Chrome Logos
Bow Gate
Seagrass Aft Flooring
Echo 100
GPS Speedometer
Blue Ice Bimini/Cup holders
SS Docking Lights
SS Rub Rail
Privacy Chaise

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats.   Time for some fun.

Welcome to the forum Riverrat!

Welcome to the zoo, nice boat.

Looks like a great setup -- congrats!

Hi & welcome fellow RiverRat! We're on Pool 9!

Nice option list, you're going to love it!

(ps: If you're looking for an anchor that really works great on the River the Slide Anchor/box is awesome! We have the "small" size for our 22' tri-toon)

Looks like a great setup!!  Enjoy

On the Mississippi what are pool 9 and pool 12, wide areas of the river?

"Pool" just refers to the body of water between the Lock and Dam.  Dubuque to Bellevue Iowa is Pool 12, I believe Pool 9 runs from Lynxville WI to Hapers Ferry IA.

On the Mississippi what are pool 9 and pool 12, wide areas of the river?
"Pools" are the sections of the Main Channel between each lock & dam. There's lots of lakes and slough's off the Main Channel which make the whole system interesting. The Main Channel is the important thoroughfare & is maintained (with wing dams, etc) to be deep enough for barges that transport cargo via the river. The offshoots are riddled with hidden dangers (stumps, flooded islands) but have lots of fish/birds/wildlife!

Riverrat, I see you answered too while I was typing! ...  Pool 9 is between the Genoa, WI dam and the Lynxville, WI dam (Harpers Ferry is on the Iowa side)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a great link, Link! I added it among my favorites list!

Riverrat--- I am in pool 12 most of the time on the weekends also.  I slip just north of the dam but lock through on Saturdays when we are out.  Looks like you purchased your Bennington at Hawkeye correct??  the black pontoon in the background of your photo is my boat I believe.  Its at Hawkeye for some service right now.....small world!! 

Riverrat--- I am in pool 12 most of the time on the weekends also.  I slip just north of the dam but lock through on Saturdays when we are out.  Looks like you purchased your Bennington at Hawkeye correct??  the black pontoon in the background of your photo is my boat I believe.  Its at Hawkeye for some service right now.....small world!!
I did get it a Hawkeye, they are good people to work with. I put in at Spruce Creek, just north of Bellevue. Maybe we will run into each other one of these days.

Back