First post and need a lot of advice...

douglas4315

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and not yet a Bennington owner. I was ready two days ago to pull the trigger on a 2012 Sylvan Mirage 8522 LZ with a Yamaha 115 for $23,000. I since found Bennington and all reviews are stellar!

I am not even sure where to start and wanted to get your input!

We are looking for something in the 22 feet range with 115 or better and want to stay under $30k with a trailer. Is this even possible? I cannot seem to get any infiormation around pricing anywhere.

Thanks a million and look forward to your advice!

Welcome to the forum. Did you look on the boat builder from Bennington?

Boat builder IS a wonderful tool to help you find the options you like, but keep in mind the price it gives you is MSRP. We found in our case with our dealer (and of course can only speak to our own experiences) the price the dealer was able to give was sometimes far less than the MSRP.

Good Luck and hope you get to join the Bennington Family!

Stacey

Buckman, use the search engine on the forum; there was a discussion on MSRP and dealer pricing a while ago. To give you a rough estimate I think you can look at about 22% off MSRP but do find that thread and see what others had to say

Yes you can ,stay under $30 K

A couple of things I found very interesting while looking for my first boat recently.

1. You can honestly get a brand new boat for very close to the same amount as a used one. I almost purchased an 04 Bennington before going with the 2013 which although the 04 was in immaculate condition, I am so glad I went new and know for a fact I am not inheriting someone else's possible problems.
  2. It is easier to finance a brand new boat rather than a used one. The bank seems to think that a new boat is a fixed known value versus going the used route and having to bend over backwards to get financing. Yet another reason why I went with the new boat versus having to sell a kidney to make the bank happy with the 04 I was drooling over.

You might also try an internet search to see if any dealers have something close to what you are seeking in stock and negotiate with them.

Jack

Boat builder IS a wonderful tool to help you find the options you like, but keep in mind the price it gives you is MSRP. We found in our case with our dealer (and of course can only speak to our own experiences) the price the dealer was able to give was sometimes far less than the MSRP.

Good Luck and hope you get to join the Bennington Family!

Stacey
I don't think we shopped at the same Valleley Marine store lol. About a month after buying my boat I found I could have gotten the same boat from a dealer in Minnesota for about 5k less, would have been enough savings on the boat to get me into a bigger engine. My fault for not shoping around enough I guess. Got an e-mail notice from them last week saying they are not going to put on Aquapalooza this year at Fort Stevenson ST park.... bummer, it was always a fun day on the water the last 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted my local dealer and they have a 2012 S series 24 SLX with a 115 hp engine on it. I think the layout is nice, not great but nice.

32" tubes with full length strakes

Tow Bar

They are asking $29,000 for a 2012. I would consider this if they are willing to come way down

Need a bigger motor!

We haven't even taken delivery of ours yet, so this story is very familiar to us. Under $30k is very doable, based on what else you want besides the 115hp. We found that the G model was more comfortable and a bow seat was a must for us, otherwise, we would have bought another boat our dealer had, which was a 2013 Bennington 24SSRX with a 115hp for under $25k out the door, and wanted $2500 for a trailer.

I just couldn't find a better deal than the Bennington quality, reputation, 7 yr boat warranty and 5 year Engine Platinum warranty.

Good Luck.

22% off of MSRP is almost exactly what we bought ours for out the door.

And you get 7 YEAR BOW TO STERN WARRANTY !!!!

LIFETIME STRUCTURAL !!!!

I'm betting you could get a loaded 24' S with trailer for that budget !!

Thanks everyone for the posts and I know you will all think I am nuts but I cannot buy a Bennington based on dealership experience. I just dealt with the rudest most god awful dealer right here in Connecticut. DON'T BUY FROM Brookfield Bay Marina in CT. If Bennington allows dealers to treat customers like this then I would want nothing to do with them. I know this is a dealer by dealer case and not a true reflection of Bennington but man I cannot believe how I was just treated.

Bennington I would seriously evaluate your dealers because Don DiMauro at Brookfield Bay Marina blantly told me "I have no time to sell you a boat today"

Thanks everyone for the posts and I know you will all think I am nuts but I cannot buy a Bennington based on dealership experience. I just dealt with the rudest most god awful dealer right here in Connecticut. DON'T BUY FROM Brookfield Bay Marina in CT. If Bennington allows dealers to treat customers like this then I would want nothing to do with them. I know this is a dealer by dealer case and not a true reflection of Bennington but man I cannot believe how I was just treated.

Bennington I would seriously evaluate your dealers because Don DiMauro at Brookfield Bay Marina blantly told me "I have no time to sell you a boat today"
Here is another in your area .Not sure how close you are to them .

http://www.harborside-marina.com/

Try Harborside Marina. Too bad your first experience with Bennington was a negative one.

My dealer is an hour away and he's driving to pick up my boat tomorrow (trailer wheel bearing issue), I did not even have to ask. And I know I got a good deal, I shopped around roughly 10 hours in every direction from every dealer I could find. (I would go city by city and enter in zip codes...lol

Some posts are forwarded from TB to the appropriate Bennington RSM for review. We are sorry to hear about your poor experience... thanks for your input, TB

Back