First time owning a pontoon

Hi Michigan here are some pictures of our 23 GSB still at the dealership getting rigged for delivery this coming May 2018.
Daniel, wow, just wow! Boy are you ever going to have a terrific summer. And as others have said, the wave shield would be a great addition if it doesn't already have one. I can almost smell those burgers cooking on that grill at your local sandbar.

Daniel, wow, just wow! Boy are you ever going to have a terrific summer. And as others have said, the wave shield would be a great addition if it doesn't already have one. I can almost smell those burgers cooking on that grill at your local sandbar.

Thanks Michiman. I currently have an email out to our dealer regarding a wave shield.

Congrats! Nice looking boat!

You'll have to look into getting a nice PTM Edge Mirror to go with that boat......

Soundo like a fantastic boat Daniel, I’m sure you’ll love that G2, haven’t spoke to anyone who has one and hasn’t loved it. Going to be a great summer!

Soundo like a fantastic boat Daniel, I’m sure you’ll love that G2, haven’t spoke to anyone who has one and hasn’t loved it. Going to be a great summer!

Thanks adkboater yes indeed a great summer ahead. My first ever G2 as well, a friend of mine has a G2 150 H.O. and just loves the iTrim and adjustable power steering in his word "I would not trade it for anything else"

Glad you are impressed Michiman, Talked to my sales person yesterday and I am getting a quote to have the wave shield installed on our 23 GSB. My sales person said that it would improve the pontoon ride by at least 75% and eliminate the banging sound from the waves hitting under the deck. Thank you so much for making me aware of this issue. As a new owner I have thought of a lot of stuff but this one never came to mind.

Haven't been to Benningtons build a boat in a while.

Am I correct in saying that the aluminum under skinning is an option on all boats regardless of class???

While it may be an option, with my particular build it was included in the ESP selection. Does that make sense?

Haven't been to Benningtons build a boat in a while.

Am I correct in saying that the aluminum under skinning is an option on all boats regardless of class???

From what I can see BigKahuna the wave shield is available from the S trim level on up. Will know shortly what my cost to have it installed on our 23 GSB pretty sure it won’t be under a thousand installed.

With ESP the under skinning is standard but you do have to select wave tamer to bow if you want the whole underside covered. It is the same for the SPS.

With ESP the under skinning is standard but you do have to select wave tamer to bow if you want the whole underside covered. It is the same for the SPS.

Thanks Alicedream for your information. I was under the impression that under skinning involved the whole underside, will check with my dealer to make sure we are covered from Bow to Stern on our 23 GSB. Is it an absolute need to have...??? My dealer says yes there is some banging noise when waves hit the cross members and that adding the under skinning will improve the ride experience by 75%. We still have time to make these adjustments until our first week of May delivery date. The pontoon that we bought was custom ordered by a client who in the end changed his mind on taking delivery at the last minute and lost his down payment. One of the things that he did not get done was the under skinning, with the money we saved on purchasing a not quite used pontoon as it's never been in the water as of yet we figured by reaching out to other Bennington pontoon owners and ask what is best to have on a pontoon and it did not take long for under skinning to come to our attention. We are very grateful to be able to reach out to owners who have gained good experience and our kind enough to share. We would have never thought about this until we would have experienced this on the lake. Thank You Club Bennington Members for your sound advice

We only have the ESP underskinning so the first three feet or so under the bow are open but I've never had a problem and our lake can get quite rough. As such, I'd have to say from my experience that the "wave tamer" isn't necessary at least from a ride comfort standpoint.

Back