First time owning a pontoon

The SPS does not have the first couple of feet covered either, normally at speed that area is not getting splashed.

The SPS does not have the first couple of feet covered either, normally at speed that area is not getting splashed.
I guess you haven't seen how I drive!

We only have the ESP underskinning so the first three feet or so under the bow are open but I've never had a problem and our lake can get quite rough. As such, I'd have to say from my experience that the "wave tamer" isn't necessary at least from a ride comfort standpoint.

Awesome Michiman and thank you very much. I now know what I need to do to avoid those banging wave noises against the mid deck cross members. What an awesome site and I must say without the help of Bennington owners I would have never thought of such an important part of the pontoon ride experience. Should have my quote by tomorrow and hopefully not include the wave tamer, if so I will have them remove it and just go with the under deck skinning.

Some models and packages standard ,some optional,

image.jpeg Here you go Daniel. This is the factory wave shield on our Tritoon. See how the front part isn't covered? It stays dry because the water doesn't splash there.

You know what they say BigKahuna about a picture being worth a thousand words. I can see clearly now!!! Should be getting a quote this week for our wave shield to be installed on our 23 GSB. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they tell me that they have never installed a wave shield after the factory build process, I hope this will not be a disappointing circumstance for us and that a wave shield can indeed be installed after the Bennington build process is done. Thank you very much for the picture BigKhuna it is truly appreciated.

Back