First time Pontoon owner - Bennington 2275 I/O

fouroheight68

Reaction score
My wife and I live in Folsom, CA and are avid boaters. We just had our first child in June and we sold our Centurion wakeboard boat shortly before. With the drought, the new baby, and finding the right buyer it just made sense. We came across this 2006 Bennington 2275 I/O at auction and nabbed it for $6500! She was hit in the rear while on the trailer, and only needed the lower unit rebuilt and the transom dent pulled out. While we were in there, we pulled the motor, rebuilt the upper and lower units, and did a 100 hour service. My plans this spring are a DEEP cleaning, stereo build, and LED install. We miss having a wakeboard boat, but we have good friends on our lake with a Malibu Wakesetter, so the combination of the pontoon and Malibu should make for a fun summer!

30138815_06X.jpg
30138815_07X.jpg
30138815_05X.jpg
30138815_03X.jpg
30138815_01X.jpg

Very nice score.  Sounds like you got a heck of a deal.  I sold my Malibu before ordering my Bennington.  You can still ski and tube behind your new pontoon so I doubt you'll miss the wakeboard board.  I got tired of getting beat up with the V bottom, the Bennington is like a cadillac in comparison.  Congrats and enjoy your new boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW fouroheight, that is quite a bargain.  Welcome to the forum and I see you already pinned your location on the Bennington Owners Map

Great deal for a great boat. You're gonna have a lot of fun, and welcome.

Thanks all! After the repairs we are in it for less than 11k, which is a bargain. In my opinion, a wakeboard boat + pontoon is the ultimate setup. It gives everyone lots of room without being cramped in the wakeboard boat all day. The toon may pull a wakeboarder, but I think I'll stick to bbqing, listening to music and hanging out and keep the wakeboarding on the wakeboard boat!

Nice find!! Make sure to post up more pics!!

Congratulations 

Welcome To The Best Online Forum Around 

I wish you and your family an amazing boating experience with Bennington

The Perfect Early Christmas Gift 

Here's hoping you have a wet winter to put a dent in the drought:)

Christmas-tree-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal! Great price! You're boat is in great shape. Looks just like CWAG911's boat/color scheme but he has an outboard........My I/O is 2 yrs. older......

What size I/O do you have and I didn't realize they made a 2275 RL 2 toon I/O.....

Great deal! Great price! You're boat is in great shape. Looks just like CWAG911's boat/color scheme but he has an outboard........My I/O is 2 yrs. older......

What size I/O do you have and I didn't realize they made a 2275 RL 2 toon I/O.....
I've been looking, and I haven't seen any other I/O's. Its a mercruiser 4.3 V6

I've been looking, and I haven't seen any other I/O's. Its a mercruiser 4.3 V6
Got the same engine. You'll love it! Just had it winterized and put away for the winter.....

Fouroheight68.......when you have the chance can you take a pic of the underside of your boat from the front. It'll be interesting to see how the motor pod is shaped between the pontoons. Thanks!

I was surprised it was a two toon as well. Looks clean and great price for sure! Welcome!

Great! I was just wondering how big the motor pod was and how it was shaped in the front. Appreciate it!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.....

Back