Fishing

GWDawg1,

We have a 2012 Bennington 22SSI 3 tube w/Mercury 150 4stroke, it's a fishing model with rear live well and dual rear swivel seats. I fish as often as I can, Our home is water front and the boat is kept in a dock in the backyard. Windy days suck, pushes the boat around alot. I recommend leaving the bimini's down when fishing one person up front and one or two people in the back works the best. Next investment is a wireless remote conrol trolling motor! 

PS get a good fish finder/GPS too!

RiverBill

Canyon Lake Calif.

Yes but not nearly enough!! We fish for walleye and whitebass from our lots of room for the kids to play so they dont get bored you can see in my sig. what we have.

I fish from our 22'SSX as much as possible. I agree that windy days can be a pain as the boat gets blown around a lot which makes it tough trying to hit the holes sometimes without a trolling motor. If you are going to be fishing a trolling motor is a must unless you plan on just pulling up and hitting a spot with the anchor out. Outside of that we have plenty of room for rod/reel storage and the live well works great! An upgraded fish finder is also a good suggestion. Outside of that the toon provides a great stable platform with lot of space for  a couple rods out each side in the front and a couple more out the back. Good times with the family.

I fish from a 20SFX set up for fishing.  A must is a trolling motor.  Make sure to get one big enough to handle the wind.  I have a Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 55 pound thrust 12 volt and it does what I need it to do even in the wind.  I have had wireless trolling motors in the past and they are nice but I prefer the wired models.  I mainly fish in Missouri but go to Minnesota two times a year to walleye fish. One thing I should have added is a rod holder when ordering the boat.

We fish from ours:

2010 2275 SFI
90 Yamaha 4 Stroke
3 Blade Stainless 13x14.5p Power Tech
23.3mph/gps

We added lights in the live well to see the minnows at night.  Trying to catch one was almost impossible.  We added rope lighting to the bimini top.  We use a 24 volt trolling motor.

I found a strainer to add to the overflow tube.  Cut the overflow tube just enough to accept the adapter and strainer and keep the overflow at the same height.

We fish from ours:

2010 2275 SFI

90 Yamaha 4 Stroke

3 Blade Stainless 13x14.5p Power Tech

23.3mph/gps

We added lights in the live well to see the minnows at night.  Trying to catch one was almost impossible.  We added rope lighting to the bimini top.  We use a 24 volt trolling motor.

I found a strainer to add to the overflow tube.  Cut the overflow tube just enough to accept the adapter and strainer and keep the overflow at the same height.
Can you post pictures of the strainer setup you added? I would like to see it and determine if this is something I could/want to do in ours.

Our 18 foot is a fishing model.  I have a Minnkota I Pilot trolling motor, HDS 7 Lowrance GPS, Power pole.  I use it in my lake, and also will put in the Gulf of Mexico for inshore fishing.

21SFXAPG

SPS with a 150 Yamaha

Reliance 14 1/2 x 15 with SDS

with current prop, get just a little over 40mph

3 Live wells and one with a bait bucket

Rod Locker

Minn Kota with I-pilot 55lbs 54 inch shaft

Humminbird 597 ci HD with Down Imaging

Last edited by a moderator:
We fish from our 24 sslx. Wish it had the livewell I ordered.....

Anyway. We're not hard core anglers but it works for us. I'm really enjoying the extra bow space on this boat vs the 22'. Now if someone would tell the fish to start biting I'd be all set!

We fish from our 24 sslx. Wish it had the livewell I ordered.....

Anyway. We're not hard core anglers but it works for us. I'm really enjoying the extra bow space on this boat vs the 22'. Now if someone would tell the fish to start biting I'd be all set!
you should post your non-fish biting in the "complaints" section.

22RLi ... Just sitting on the sun deck .... :)

Here are the pictures from my fishing trip in the Amazon

Looks like a good time. Can't imagine them tasting good either. If that girl wouldn't have let you pose with one of her fish you could have just pushed her in....

Better you asking her as opposed to you saying...hey girl, ya wanna take a pic with my baby piranha?

No comment to keep this beautiful fish thread from nose diving!!

Yes, I fish as frequently as I can in our 22-SSX, SPS, 150HP. It has a livewell with cup holders, rod holders, plus two fishing chairs at the stern.  The floor in the back fishing section is vinyl so its easy to clean, and helps keep the carpet clean in the forward lounging areas. There are also built-in places to hold fishing pliers, knife, integrated ruler in a cutting board atop the livewell, etc. Also love having an extended aft platform since that comes in handy for various reasons while fishing, as well as at many other times. Keep my rods under the long seat that is forward of the helm station on the starboard side, and keep all my tackle handy in the storage area under the sun pad. Great boat ... with an exceptional floorplan, no matter what we are doing.

No fishing on my boat. Speaking of Piranha, anyone see the movie Piranha? It was filmed at Lake Havasu. Stupid movie, but fun to watch and spot friends boats and know the locale.

Cheers, Steve

Back