Fixing A scratch

gallery_4015_351_132413.jpg
gallery_4015_351_86672.jpg
gallery_4015_351_36425.jpg
gallery_4015_351_132413.jpg
gallery_4015_351_68416.jpg

Oh man........can't tell what's been making those marks but it does look like the Sharkhide has been rubbed off in the 3rd picture. It happened on my boat. I just reapplied some w/a cloth diaper and it melds together w/the existing/surrounding Sharkhide............

Well, my opinion is that there is no way that the damage was caused while afloat. Those lines are perfectly straight and even - that happened on land. I'm liking either fork lift or trailer as the culprit.

Ditto. In my opinion, this isn't a scratch. It's at least four scratches (pic 2). From a forklift. Two scratches are just not that pronounced. But, definitely two scratches for sure in my mind. It looks like there are some vertical scuff marks too in pic 4, also supporting a forklift did this and not a trailer. I know you don't own a trailer, but you never said if this boat has ever been on a trailer (any trailer) or not. Just trying to eliminate that.

Do you boat on a lake of antifreeze?

The dealer had trailered it from the prep shop ,to the prop shop ,to lake for testing ,back to the dealer for my walk through .

Then to my lake for delivery .

Have you contacted the dealer yet?

Have you contacted the dealer yet?
Not yet ,I was waiting for some pic feedback.

I don't think they will do anything .I can't prove anything even with the pics .

My brother-in-law also took a look underneath ( he has a 20 SLM ) . He doesn't think it is bad enough to be worth the trouble .

The outside edges of my toons are getting scuffed up from where my boat lift's outer poly guide ons rub on the Sharkhide at the water line. Hopefully it's nothing more than that, but I've always assumed some of that happens, after owning pontoons for years. At least yours isn't so visible since it's on the inside, but I'd think they can at least clean that up a bit during the offseason.

Let it go and enjoy the boat.
Absolutely ,I just wanted some thoughts on the how deep the scratch was in relation to the thickness of the tubes .

Wouldn't hurt to tell your dealer about it, if for no other reason than to keep it from happening again.

Then go enjoy the boat!

Wouldn't hurt to tell your dealer about it, if for no other reason than to keep it from happening again.

Then go enjoy the boat!
Good point ,that next may be my new one .

Back