Flooring Help

Landscaper2009

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am looking for some help selecting new flooring for our 2015 2375 RCW. We have it down to two choices which are Nutmeg Aqua Teak (Currently On Boat... Well, just removed) or Bamboo. We know what the Aqua Teak looks and feels like but we are curious if anyone has pics of their boat with the bamboo and opinions good or bad. TIA 

Did you get samples?  

If you did, put them in the sun on a hot day.  We should be getting a few warm days before the weekend, I know its not 115.  See if there's a temp difference.  If the sample is large enough step on it in bare feet.  See what feels better.  I've seen a Benny on line with bamboo flooring.  You probably have as well.  If you haven't here's one http://www.skiandsports.net/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=489100&pov=4545470.  There are others.  

Did you think about aqua teak with snap in bamboo?  I don't know if Bennington would do that and I also don't know if you'd like.  You could also do bamboo up front and aqua teak in the rear.  Did you also think that it is possible the aqua teak might do that again.

If I were in your situation, I think I would do the full boat in aged teak.  I think the lighter color of the aged teak would be slightly cooler than the aqua teak...  but, hey, it is your boat.   I love the teak look, it looks clean and rich.  Just my opinion.  

Hope this helps, probably confused you more than helped.

Did you get samples?  

If you did, put them in the sun on a hot day.  We should be getting a few warm days before the weekend, I know its not 115.  See if there's a temp difference.  If the sample is large enough step on it in bare feet.  See what feels better.  I've seen a Benny on line with bamboo flooring.  You probably have as well.  If you haven't here's one http://www.skiandsports.net/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=489100&pov=4545470.  There are others.  

Did you think about aqua teak with snap in bamboo?  I don't know if Bennington would do that and I also don't know if you'd like.  You could also do bamboo up front and aqua teak in the rear.  Did you also think that it is possible the aqua teak might do that again.

If I were in your situation, I think I would do the full boat in aged teak.  I think the lighter color of the aged teak would be slightly cooler than the aqua teak...  but, hey, it is your boat.   I love the teak look, it looks clean and rich.  Just my opinion.  

Hope this helps, probably confused you more than helped.
I did get some large 2'x2' samples. I don't know why I didn't think of putting it outside. After all that's what I do with my customers when choosing decking and artificial turf all the time. I have considered all the other possibilities including the same scenario happening again. I am not sure why the Teak does not come with a pad like the others if it did my decision would be easier. I think we are leaning towards keeping the Aqua Teak Nutmeg... or should I say the boss has decided. We just really love the look. Not sure about going much lighter with the light interior. We may just deal with the heat factor.

How does the snap in work? I have never seen it before.

Thanks for the input.

We love our nutmeg aqua teak. We also have snap in matrix carpet.

Just want to add my 2 cents.  I have a 2012 that has carpet.  I do prefer the look of some of the vinyls and for me I have been back and forth on the looks of the seagrass.  My carpet is the Mocha Palm and I love the design and think it looks pretty sharp.  It is very comfortable on the feet and I would imagine does not get as hot as the other options that some have complained about.  Probably what I like about it the best is how it always seems to look clean.  Our lake is mostly sandy beaches and we like to visit the sand bars as well.  That means a lot of getting off and on the boat with wet sandy feet and yet the carpet does not really show it.

I must just be an old fashion guy and perhaps I will take my Grandmother's suggestion and protect the seats with the clear vinyl protectors like she does at home 

We love our nutmeg aqua teak. We also have snap in matrix carpet.
Okay... So without sounding stupid. How does the snap-in option work? I have not seen what this looks like.

I'll look for some photos. Give me a minute.

These are from Bennington as they were redoing our flooring. Hopefully these help. We love it as we have the functionality of a full vinyl floor when needed, and the comfort of carpet. We had them install the bare minimum amount of snaps so when it is removed there are not snaps everywhere. I've very impressed with their attention to detail.

IMG_20150316_095210708_HDR_zpsm0xllq3i.jpg
IMG_20150316_095116854_HDR_zpsqsn5zxpn.jpg

IMG_20150316_095707360_HDR_zpsadzs2ipp.jpg

IMG_20150316_095033081_zpsljqyrwkm.jpg

IMG_20150316_134003530_zpsuh8blyum.jpg

IMG_20150316_095053347_HDR_zpsdd1ydsaw.jpg

IMG_20150316_134226757_HDR_zpsw3swjp3o.jpg

Thanks everyone for the input. We decided to stay with the Nutmeg Aqua Teak.

Back