Flying lounger cushion

Finally, some ingenuity.  I just bought a couple of sets of d rings at Harbor Freight Saturday.  They take two 1/4" screws which should be sufficient to hold down the seat cushions.

There have been a number of lost seat cushions on this forum thru the years, and I'd hate to think how hard and expensive a replacement would be.

Should be more than enough to hold that down....  :)

Nice job bcpnick! That is for sure staying put.

We were going to try industrial Velcro but instead opted for a small retainer bracket I made out of some stuff laying around the shop. We went this route because we have a porta-potti under that cushion.

The bracket I came up with wouldn't have worked in your case because you don't have an L-bracket on the outer starboard side of the removable cushion. Yours is probably more secure with the straps but I can't see how ours will come up either now - although time will tell! Glad we both found a solution as I was nervous after we had lost a cushion on the last boat...

For those that have at least one L-bracket, I posted pics and details in my gallery which could possibly provide another option:

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/album/786-starboard-rear-lounger-cushion-retainer/

The problem with Velcro is the adhesive.  It just won't hold up in high humidity marine situations--and it loses the stickiness.  A set of D rings is just easier to deal with--and straps insure you that your seat's won't fly at highway speeds.

The problem with Velcro is the adhesive.  It just won't hold up in high humidity marine situations--and it loses the stickiness.  A set of D rings is just easier to deal with--and straps insure you that your seat's won't fly at highway speeds.
Yep. the need to staple the Velcro to make it work made that undesirable. And even then, it wasn't a guarantee to work.

The strap is a much better idea.  The bungee is likely to stretch under the wind load.

Back