Found Boat With Starboard Side Sinking

Holdren23

Reaction score
After leaving the boat at the marina for the week we return to find it sinking. The starboard tune was sinking in the back about 5 to 6 inches lower than port side. I checked both toons there is no scratches, dent or dings that I can see. There is part of the tunes that were sitting on the bunks for the trailer though.

I am going to take it back to the dealer this week for repair. I did hit " floated over it" an under water concrete wall at really low speed almost an idle a few weeks ago. It did damage my prop but the was no damage to the keel. Didn't notice anything bad before leaving it at the marina. Hopefully it is nothing to bad. Will insurance pay to fix it if it was something I did? I hope it isn't though. Anybody else have a leaking toon and if so what to expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where was that underwater concrete wall?!?

My last Bennington had a leak in one of the toons. It was probably caused from expansion and contraction with temp changes, and the leak was on a welded seam. Bennington paid to have it drained, re-pressurized and welded back up.

Bennington's welds are tops in the industry, but things happen. 

Hopefully they can tell where the problem is by water coming out of a hole.  They might also pressure test the toon to check for leaks. 

And it might actually be a minor repair.

You were unaware of the wall ,correct ? Call your insurance company . Prop & Tube 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the dealer called Friday about my leaking toon. It is in a weld under the keel. Bennington is sending a brand new toon to be installed. I though that was awesome that they are replacing it and are not going to try to fix it and maybe it not be right.

Of all places, the absolute hardest to be repaired ........... Really no other option as that would be a PITA. Hope you get fixed quickly. 

I'm guessing if it was under the keel, there was no way you did the damage hitting the concrete you mentioned.  Or the keel would have damage too.

Back