From last night on Lake Norman.......

BigKahuna

Reaction score

Cool Pix Big Kahuna.  I love seeing boats decorated for Christmas

Where was that Daril?

Parked in a slip across from the North Harbor club right at exit 30 off 77. You can see this boat from 77 w/it's brilliant LED's.

Diane and I went to Christmas in Davidson last night and on the way back she wanted to take some pics. The owner was just closing it up and he told us that he just participated in the Lake Norman Yacht club's annual Christmas flotilla and Parade of lights. He said that he's also going to the Peninsula Yacht club's Lighted Boat parade next Saturday...............

I wished the weather was mild enough to enjoy a Christmas parade on The Lake here

Just seeing the all the boats on the water and people watching from the shore would be amazing

The advantage of living in the south during the winter months are numerous 

126171520.jpg

Nice Pics!

I wished the weather was mild enough to enjoy a Christmas parade on The Lake here

Just seeing the all the boats on the water and people watching from the shore would be amazing

The advantage of living in the south during the winter months are numerous 

126171520.jpg

That's one reason why they say that no one ever retires and moves north. :D

That's one reason why they say that no one ever retires and moves north.  :D

LOL

We had a guy here at The Lake retire, sell the house and move to Cape Coral Florida

He stayed there for a year sold the house and moved back here to build his dream home

Why 

He  and his wife said they knew no one down there and felt like they gave up life long friends for a warm winter and a HOTTER Than HELL  Summer (LOL)

Many leave and many return, you never know till you go what you gave up or what it is truly like till you spend time there 

126171524.jpg

For me it is about Family and Friends 

If the weather gets too cold a plane ride south is always easy to obtain 

o-WELCOME-TO-FLORIDA-facebook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it is about Family and Friends 

If the weather gets too cold a plane ride south is always easy to obtain 

o-WELCOME-TO-FLORIDA-facebook.jpg

AGREED! We were never "Florida people" - have too many interests, friends and family to leave the area we are at. We do like the winters too and go north to our Traverse City place year round. Going for 2 weeks over Christmas and new years. Have family in California and Arizona to visit if we really want warm weather in the winter.

That's one of the reasons I see being snow birds as the best option; still have our friends in Albany and friends at the lake while up north and then down to Florida for the winter.  What made us select where we did was the fact that Kathy's mother lives there as does one of her sisters, in addition we have 3 sets of friends that have also purchased with one being year round and the other two are snowbirds like us

Back