Front boarding ladder for triple pontoon ?

Thanks to all for the replies and concepts. After doing an awful lot of internet browsing, it appears that the Garelick models 19626 or 19843 with the 99187 mounting bracket might fit the bill. These seem to have a split vertical support where the lug on the middle pontoon could protrude through, and perhaps even form a point to stabilize the ladder.

The Garelick "over platform" models 19615/6/7 may work, too, although the brackets may not fit under Benningtons gate structure. I'm going to have to ask for dimensions on the Garelick gudegeons to see if they will fit on the deck and under the gate.

Semperfi8387, I did take a look at the swinging ladder from Garelick. It appears that model is designed for side mounting and relies some on resting against the pontoon side for stability. It hangs vertical, versus the 19626 and 19843 models 15 degree outward rake, and getting the ladder forward of the middle pontoon which protrudes (you had asked about that) would make it easier to mount and safer to climb on and off the beach. The latter two also have a 400 pound rating.

CC_PA: On this model Bennington, the guard rail goes all the way to the front of the vessel, and provides a good hand hold with the gate open to climb back aboard. See the picture I posted earlier.

Jim_R: Yes, I've seen those ladders in the Overton's catalog, but I'd have to store something inside the vessel during transit, and attach it when beaching. With the limited internal space, I'd like to have something hanging on the outside of the tri-toon rather than having to store a ladder inside. Good idea, though.

Surprising that Bennington has not come up with a solution or option for this, since they make a tri-toon with a front gate and no "front porch". I'm just trying to make it easier and safer for my passengers to board and offload the vessel when it is beached in the front. I figured someone else with a 2075GS might have found a good solution to this. The Garelick products appear to be the right direction at this time.

Thanks to all, and I'll post what I find works. May be later this summer.

RadioActive

What is the brand that is on the back of the Benningtons? Are they all the same? Ours has a nice telescoping model, it would be nice to match it on the front. Some grab handles to mount on the back of the seats would help in the mean time. We are planning on getting the velcro ones like in our jeep, they can wrap on without any need for permanant solution.

What is the brand that is on the back of the Benningtons? Are they all the same? Ours has a nice telescoping model, it would be nice to match it on the front. Some grab handles to mount on the back of the seats would help in the mean time. We are planning on getting the velcro ones like in our jeep, they can wrap on without any need for permanant solution.
Think I found it;

http://www.jmsonline.net/slide-mount-ladder-3-step-ss.htm?gclid=CI3_5MyhybcCFbGDQgodqE0ALA

Brand name Windline

CC_PA: There is a railing on each side of the front gate, so there is an adequate handhold to use to steady yourself on the ladder if there was one there.

RadioActive

Good day,

Has anyone installed a ladder to the bow of their Benny?  If not, how do you board people when beached?  My parents are not in the best health and I can't imagine them crawling up the front of the boat to get on or off.

I remember seeing a picture of a ramp on the front of the boat from a member here, let me see if I can find it.....

This is from bcpnick, first page on the photos thread, maybe he can say where he got this from? 

Edit:  It actually looks like he might be using THIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
It will fit.

But on a triple toon, non of these would work

The ladder Carl pointed out from Pontoon Stuff has this in the details: 

• If installing on a tri-tube pontoon boat you must have 20" between the tubes to mount.

The ladder Carl pointed out from Pontoon Stuff has this in the details: 

• If installing on a tri-tube pontoon boat you must have 20" between the tubes to mount.

On my SLXP 21, it looks like it would fit between an outer tube and the middle tube, but I would have to modify the under skinning.

So, my two cents on a front boarding ladder for a triton. When we beach on a sandbar the unlucky person (me) usually has to push the boat off until the engine can reverse. naturally I pile all others in the back of the boat to raise the front a bit. So we didn't want a ladder in the middle blocking the gate, tripping on it etc when docking so I installed a handy stainless steel telescoping ladder from Overton's over to one side, cost abut $70. installation took all of about half-hour (and I am slow). When the ladder flips up it lays flat and out of the way. Granted the ladder may still be a bit tough for people with bad knees or whatever, but then at least they can all get off and on when beaching. Just be sure to flip the ladder up after boarding else it will drag and may run into something. ladder1.jpg ladder2.jpg

Any new ideas for this thread? I was thinking about a pet ramp that is rated for 500lbs... after asking questions and watching videos, it don't seem real sturdy, the search goes on....

Back