Fuel guage

Scott C

Reaction score
Gauge pegs to full right.  Sometimes (not often) returns to normal. Dealer sd will warranty only parts if I don't get boat to them (They chg  100 to get boat to them).  Boat is 2014 S20 I am orig owner.  Want Benn to reimburse for parts AND labor.  Pls advise.

Hate to say it, but warranty coverage varies by dealer, BUT, what your dealer states is not out of the question. What if your boat was 4 hours away? The warranty entails what's covered, not where. Now, depending how far the boat is from the dealer, he could salvage future relationships by reviewing his policy, but it's not out of line. 

Take the gauge out and mail it to him.  

I bought from a dealer two hours away, and we've done some minor things by mail, but for anything major I would fully expect to pull the boat back to him.  On my dime.  I would never even think about asking him to come to see me without a charge.

Don't be upset about having to get the boat to them. That's why so many members have trailers,even if they keep the boat on a lift or in the water. My dealer charges $95 for a house call to my lift. I think that's really fair.

Back