Fueling Your Bennie

I contacted my dealer and Bennington the other day about this problem and both said they had never heard of such a thing?! Here I am replying to this post 7 years later and still no fix from Bennington.
My loaner boat-2019 R23 is very hard to put gas in. I bought an electric fuel pump, some gas hoses and run power from battery. Fill from my gas cans.

I have had Sharkhide applied to both of my Benningtons . I keep mine in the water and it does wear off below the water line .But I have never had a problem with the looks . And I get it reapplied at the dealer every other season

I wanted to order the Sharkhide, but was advised not too as it rubs off and looks squirely.

Not as squirrely as weathered toons. And your toons will show rub spots anyhow if the fenders rub on them. Any dealer that turns people away from something that will keep their toons looking nicer for at least a couple years is a dope.

Has anyone had any issues with their SharkHide when this fueling "issue" occurred spilling over the side of the boat?
No shark hide issue but dock attendants didn't clean up the spilled gas off the paint and I have a yellow streak on my white panel that will not come off. Little disappointed that a 90k boat can't handle some spilled gas. Now I make sure the dock attendants clean up any overflow.

Back