Garmin 95 Fishfinder

The Drifter

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Bennington with a Garmin 95 Fishfinder that I'm having problems with.  I would like to replace it with the same model to fit in my dash.  Garmin told me they discontinued that model around the time my boat was manufactured and there is no replacement to fit the opening in my console.  Does anyone have a working Garmin 95 to sell or does anyone know of a replacement that I could make fit?

Message me your address. I'll send you mine. Worked when I removed it. Pay it forward some day. Do you need transducer too or just unit?

Just a FYI. I installed a GARMIN 53DV in the same opening. Had to take maybe 1/4" off top of opening for it to fit. This was with the 95 dash trim plate removed. Sadly I did that a month or so before trading boat.  :wacko:

The new Striker 4 looks like it will cover the hole for the Echo 100, but it does not.  Just in case you are wondering.  I think the 95 and 100 are the same.

I love the Striker 4 for $80 on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am posting for my friend who is a Bennington owner. His Garmin 95 is acting up and he would like a working replacement or suggestions of other units that will fit the built in unit in his dash. Thanks

Fishing Barge,

It may depend on what his issue is. Could be the head unit or it could be the transducer. Also, it depends on what he wants out of a potential new unit. The 95 is a basic depth finder with temperature. I still have my old 95 head unit somewhere, but the transducer is still mounted on the boat as the DV53 can use it just to get depth and temp. The newer units have Maps and GPS capabilities, so he really needs to look around and determine what he needs.

For me, I wanted the GPS because some areas of the Lake of the Ozarks are tough to navigate at night. The GPS Map is really handy. I chose the DV53 as it could use my original transducer and I would not necessarily need to replace that right away. Additionally, the size and shape of the DV53 fit very well on my Bennington.

Back