Garmin Choices

Link

Reaction score
Is the footprint of the 431s match the echo100? My dealer received the Garmin 531s and asked me to come up and look before it was installeed. We took out the Echo100 and looked, it is a very tight fit and it would be tight getting at the USB and power port so I am considering the 431s. The reason I wanted the 531s is the 5" screen vs the 4"-- with my old eyes I don't want to have to put on glasses to look at the screen.

I am docked at a lake that the water depth constantly changes during the summer [29 mile long man made resevoir] and I was planning on running the GPS & fishfinder split screen for safety reasons. For those that have the 431 do you run it split screen, trouble seeing it and any other comments would be appreciated. thanks

I had the same concerns. Coming from a center console offshore fishing boat where I had 2 10" screens, I was worried. But, the garmin 431s is fine. You can configure the screens and play with contrast, brightness, and color options. I like it.

If you live near a cabela, bass pro shops or west marine or similar marine store, usually they have a display of electronics and you should be able to see one in person.

Hope this helps

Todd

I just ordered my 2075gl with one and it was easy to see would love to have 5 inch screen but very tight in back of unit on dash..

Back