Garmin Color GPS

nycali98

Reaction score
I just ordered my first Bennington today still have not decided on what Garmin.... Any advice?

Another night owl. I have a 431s and it is very nice. It fit where the old fishfinder was. If I would"ve had more room, I would've gone bigger. I know the lake we're on so it, s more a nice to have not need to have. Accorxing to my wice. B)

I had my dealer put the 531 on my R series dash because my tired eyes needed glasses and I noticed a big difference between my 4" garmin in the car and my wife's 5" garmin but I must tell you that it is so tight of a fit the cover does not click on tight

Go with the upgrade, well worth it. I found the 431 to be far more accurate for depth finding than my first boat with the echo 100, especially when under way. My 100 would lose the signal and the 431 just looks far better too. I like that it has all the readouts like battery voltage, water temperature, and the color screen is great. I don't know if the 100 had the volt and temp, I never found it, then again I didn't honestly sit down and "play" with it for any length of time.

Def. recommend 431 or above. My 100 is good for depth/temp only. AS a fishfinder ...... well it shows something is down there, but not what a Benni deserves to have on the helm !!!!

The garmin 10,. Is a joke on 60k boat. Loses signal constantly even at slow speeds. My low water sensors on my Motor gave me better depth readings.

I bought a 431 mount from ebay for 20 bucks and plan adding the 431.

GPS on a inland lake isn't really needed but I have always added waypoints in case of an emergency and taught my kids and wife which button to hit.

I have used the navionics app before but cell signals have been sketchy more often than not.

Inland = lakes in the us, and offshore = ocean. BTW, I didn't realize you are in Cali when I said you were an "earlybird". B)

Thanks for the info.... Just bought the inland for $320 online.... Dealer said they will install it.

Which model?

Same one I have. In my gallery there are pics of my install.

Another night owl. I have a 431s and it is very nice. It fit where the old fishfinder was. If I would"ve had more room, I would've gone bigger. I know the lake we're on so it, s more a nice to have not need to have. Accorxing to my wice. B)
Is it a simple swap-out, or does it require new parts?

Thanks in advance,

-Keith

The 431s is larger than the fishfinder that came with the boat so I had to cut the dash. Pics are in my gallery. The wiring is the same.

Back