Garmin Echo 100 Transponder

O Boy, hoping my toy is working.....Hopefully yours is up and running soon.

Is the cable under the helm somewhere? Is there a transducer on the back of the tube?

My garmin cable came disconnected pretty easily under the helm. It was just plugged in with nothing holding it up, so gravity was just working it out. Take a look under there and see if it's just slipped out and dangling around. You should be able to see it going right into the back of the fish finder. 

EDIT: I think I may have misunderstood the post. Disregard if this isn't relevant. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thinking Carl. Maybe it isn't a huge problem at all, could be something as simple as when the factory pushed the connector in it didn't latch in all the way and it simply fell out in transit. Might be something simple and not a huge ordeal. As for setting the stereo with/without a remote. I had no problems setting anything up with no remote as it seems everyone else was able to as well since none of our boats came with a remote from the factory.

My cable fell off the back of the Garmin unit after about a year of use. If you are reading this, tuck that in the back of your mind for future use.

Poor design from Garmin.

There should be a "twist lock" or "thumb screw" or some sort of positive lock holding cable connected.

This would not even be considered in the automotive industry.

This could have been checked by dealer & still come loose during transit while in your possession, not say that's the case, just saying it can happen.

Poor design from Garmin.

There should be a "twist lock" or "thumb screw" or some sort of positive lock holding cable connected.

This would not even be considered in the automotive industry.

This could have been checked by dealer & still come loose during transit while in your possession, not say that's the case, just saying it can happen.
Mine did the same thing. This is apparently very common. The new 8-pin Garmin I replaced it with does have a lock.

That's funny- I just took delivery of my 2014 a few weeks ago and also was stuck in simulator mode.  Sure enough... the transponder cable was disconnected... possibly never connected from the factory.  

So the dealer apparently did not check it either ....

I took delivery of my 22SLX in June. Not only was the Garmin transducer not plugged the cannon plug from the fuel sending unit was not plugged, and it has a latch that when connected will no "fall out"  Whays going on with Bennington

I guess your dealer missed all that.

I took delivery of my 22SLX in June. Not only was the Garmin transducer not plugged the cannon plug from the fuel sending unit was not plugged, and it has a latch that when connected will no "fall out"  Whays going on with Bennington

As Carl said, looks like your DEALER did not do a complete pre-delivery inspection. 

Back