Garmin magnetic cover work on Simrad?

drjbeyer

Reaction score
I have a Simrad Go12 flush mount unit on my 23R and everything I read says that there is not a Simrad cover that works for a flush mounted unit.

At the boat show this year I saw Garmin has magnetic covers that work on their flush mounted units.

I have googled to no avail to see if these are cross-compatible with a Simrad unit.

Has anyone tried this or been successful with it?

Thanks.

I have same setup and use a sheet of Evo foam.
(I think that’s what it’s called). I cut a template out of poster board then
used it on foam. The foam stays in place with a snug fit. Tested so far in 40mph winds. The foam is available at hobby lobby, Michael’s and other crafty places. The foam is what some make costumes out of.

I have same setup and use a sheet of Evo foam.
(I think that’s what it’s called). I cut a template out of poster board then
used it on foam. The foam stays in place with a snug fit. Tested so far in 40mph winds. The foam is available at hobby lobby, Michael’s and other crafty places. The foam is what some make costumes out of.

Tim do you by chance have a picture of this that you could post

My flush mount Simrad came with a cover when we got our boat in 2017. I’ve heard others reprot having issue with theirs. Ours works just fine and isn’t hard to put on or take off.

Not sure if my flush mount dash on our 2017 is simply less flush than the newer boat flush mounts or what.

The new ones are perfectly flush and Simrad covers do not fit. I tried one out.
I will get a photo later today when I get home. My first homemade cover was a plasticy dinner place mat that I cut to fit. The sun killed it in about 5 months. This foam one is about a 100 times nicer: and about $3.

Here it is. Not sure exactly how photos work, so if it’s goofed up we will work it out another way. F75086C2-2DBE-4B77-8AFA-AF212D9F3F2C.jpeg6BB05ED4-96A0-4661-8331-9D09D507173C.jpeg

Attachments

• 72886A8C-6FCE-4DB1-B0D7-E4337324378E.jpeg
    72886A8C-6FCE-4DB1-B0D7-E4337324378E.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 12
That looks fantastic Timdelta!!!

Back