Gas Gauge is not working

Could be a few things ,float ,fuse, breaker or stuck needle on your gage . I'm sure others will have some ideas also

The old adage is dc dies and ac lies. That means dc gauges go to zero and ac gauges stay where they are. So in this case probably not a fuse, but all other choices are good ones and I would still check the fuse, since that’s so easy. Broken wire would be the suckiest.

if you are speaking of the basic gas gauge on the dash they rely on a float in the gas tank. This happened to me. On the top of the tank you can unscrew the plate that the pole is attached to. My float was stuck in one position making the lack of reading. Slide it up and down then replace and see if that does it. If not then l would have your dealer check it out

Unfortunately,2013 is out of warranty

Call. Bennington technical support
If it’s less than 10 years old it’s under warranty.
They sent me a new gauge (plug and play) no charge

2013's had a 5 year warranty .

I will call and see what they say! The moisture cant be good for those gauges. I have a Fisher 2004 those gauges work petfectly.

My 2013 Bennington gas gauge is not working, it reads full all the time. What causes this?
My experience is that the gauge has died, I have had to replace 2 of them. They were under warranty, but it's more than annoying.

I started to keep a log of hours and fuel fill-ups so I can calculate hours to empty. It's certainly not exact, but gives you a little of when you need to gas up.

The 10 year warranty went into effect in 2017 ,if it was registered by the original owner .

Depends on what year boat. See Jacks post immediately above Errolib. In the OP’s case, he is 5 years out of warranty.

As for the OP, it‘s an 11 year old boat. Unfortunately stuff does go sideways with age. My body certainly reminds me of this regularly. :D

Just like cars, and other mechanical and electronic items, 11 years is a good run before having something not work optimally. I hope it’s something simple like a stuck float for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back